Board of Director
Position Type: Board (Unpaid)
Primary domain: Public Safety/Disaster Relief
Postal code: 34202
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
ShelterBox USA is the USA fundraising affiliate of ShelterBox UK, a global disaster relief organization with the mission to transform the lives of families through shelter in the aftermath of natural disasters and conflict worldwide. ShelterBox is made up of people who believe in shelter as a human right - that shelter from the chaos of disaster and conflict is vital.
ShelterBox has helped over 1.2 million people by providing emergency shelter following more than 300 disasters in 95 countries. The mission of ShelterBox USA is to help provide funding for this important work.
Serving on the ShelterBox USA Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about building the capacity of a dynamic nonprofit to serve more of the world’s most vulnerable people.
The organization’s Board of Directors is comprised of leaders dedicated to the organization’s vision of a world in which all people displaced by disasters and humanitarian crises are rapidly provided with emergency shelter and vital aid, which will help rebuild their communities and lives. They are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and are fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
Although applicants from throughout the USA are encouraged to apply, in order to expand our presence in certain geographic areas, candidates from New York City or Washington, DC are preferred. In addition, we are specifically seeking individuals with contacts in USAID and the Department of State, as well as candidates with contacts in large foundations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Ideal candidates for the two-year compensation-free term will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- Specific expertise in at least three of the following areas: Business Acumen, Strategic Planning, Finance/Accounting, Governance, Human Resources, Legal, Sales, Marketing, PR, Social and Other Media, Information Technology, International Development/Relief, Fundraising/Development.
- We have a unique partnership with the Rotary International network, and accordingly, past Rotary Club District Governors are encouraged to apply.
- A commitment to the organization’s mission to deliver humanitarian relief in the form of equipment and materials that bring shelter, warmth and dignity to people made homeless by natural or other disasters worldwide.
- An affinity for cultivating relationships, building consensus among diverse individuals and inspiring action.
- A desire to help the organization raise funds for its mission and build relationships with high net-worth influencers.
- A belief in, and ability to live up to, the organization’s core values of transparency, accountability, immediacy, integrity and collaboration.
Unpaid Board Position
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
If interested in becoming a candidate for the Board of Directors of ShelterBox USA, please submit your resume via email to [email protected].
Thank you for your interest.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert