ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Director, Leadership and School Development will lead the team that supports schools in their continuous improvement journeys and that further develops Springpoint’s vision for school and teacher leader professional learning and development. This position will use and refine Springpoint’s school observation process and tools in order to support partner organizations and schools in developing strategic action plans as they iterate on their school models. Additionally, this position will lead the ideation and execution of adult learning and adult development experiences for teacher leaders, school leaders, school leadership teams and Springpoint consultants. The Director, Leadership and School Development will be an integral thought-partner to the Executive Director, colleagues, and partners and will assist in developing the vision, goals, and strategy for school leader and teacher leader supports and development. Additionally, the Director, Leadership and School Development will work to support partners in thinking broadly about student success, rooting their work in positive youth development and focusing on key levers that maximize opportunities for students to thrive.
As a small, nimble staff that values teamwork, we are seeking a collaborative self-starter who has a flexible, positive, and student-centered mindset.
Candidate Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Engage, develop, and lead teams of expert observers through qualitative school observation visits to develop a deep understanding of school and leader strengths and areas for growth, and generate a robust set of recommendations that will guide continued improvement;
● Develop school leaders and their leadership teams through high quality adult learning experiences, including school study tours, virtual shares and webinars, in-person and virtual coaching, and other instructional events;
● Lead the creation, development, execution, and iteration of foundational artifacts, planning documents, convenings, and leadership retreats focused on developing teachers as leaders;
● Collaborate with team members to design and actualize new projects and initiatives;
● Develop tools and codify resources to contribute to the institutional knowledge of the organization and the field more broadly;
● Provide key leadership in issues related to secondary school pedagogy, youth development theory, innovative school design elements, and national educational reform initiatives generally;
● Oversee and significantly contribute to written program reports and relevant updates to partners, schools, and team.
Preference given to a New York, NY based individual but will consider other candidates. General travel around 15% and seasonal travel peaking in the fall and spring at as much as 40%.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Qualified individuals, please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Springpoint is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek candidates who are as diverse as the students and communities our partners serve.