Chief Strategy Officer
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 00000
State: New York
Country: United States
To create a respected, influential, and national network of public schools that are successful in helping students from educationally underserved communities develop the knowledge, skills, character, and habits needed to succeed in college and the competitive world beyond.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating over 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students and 30,000 alumni. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. KIPP schools, KIPP regions, and the KIPP Foundation – are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, for us all.
The non-profit KIPP Foundation trains and develops outstanding educators to lead KIPP schools, provides tools, resources, and training for excellent teaching and learning, promotes innovation, and facilitates the exchange of insights and ideas within the KIPP network and with partners including other charters, districts, colleges and universities, and non-profit organizations across the country.
Why work at KIPP?
By working for the KIPP Foundation, you help more students across the country receive the high-quality education they deserve.
- Support KIPP leaders, teachers, and staff on the Network Leadership Development, KIPP School Leadership Programs, Teaching, and Learning Labs, KIPP Through College, or Knowledge Sharing teams
- Ensure smart growth and great results on the Network Growth and Sustainability, Strategy, Research & Evaluation, or Insights and Analytics teams
- Broaden our impact on the Government Affairs, External Impact, Marketing, Development, or Talent teams
- Keep us connected and operational on our IT or Finance team
If you believe all children deserve great schools and programs where they can gain the knowledge, skills, character, and habits necessary to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place. For more information on the KIPP Foundation please refer to www.kipp.org.ABOUT THE POSITION
The Chief Strategy Officer leads strategic planning, short- and long-term goal setting, and leading and supporting teams and regions in realizing a shared vision and strategy. The Chief Strategy Officer ensures regular feedback and engagement of each of KIPP's 27 Executive Directors and KIPP Foundation leadership. The Chief Strategy officer also supports emerging projects and products to ensure cross-functional and/or cross-network working groups are convened to address strategic questions and make recommendations to KIPP's leadership. The Chief Strategy Officer will report directly to the CEO of the KIPP Foundation, manage a 6-person team, and will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
The Chief Strategy Officer will:
- Lead and collaborate with teams and KIPP regional leaders to translate long term strategy strategy into actionable multi-year plans and deliverables.
- Develop and drive internal and external marketing and communications tools that support vision and strategy.
- Design and execute a rigorous annual planning and improvement cycle, ensuring the organization regularly reviews KPIs and makes adjustments to deliver on plans.
- Establish, iterate, and maintain a shared organizational design process to pursue innovations; manage a central portfolio of innovations. Provide strategic and/or design consultation and capacity on key new work initiatives that require intensive, short term project management support.
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving: The ability to take complex data and information and multiple sources, synthesize and contextualize for multiple stakeholders.
- Planning & Implementation: Backwards plans to achieve goals, prioritizing time and resources to achieve organizational goals. Regularly compares actual progress to planned milestones and adjusts plans accordingly, holding self and team accountable for delivering on plans.
- Cultural Competence: Creates an inclusive environment that respects the culture and community of the students being served. Creates and sustains an environment in which people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives can succeed.
- Communication and Stakeholder Management: Establishes and/or uses communication systems to proactively engage key stakeholders.
- Relationship Building: Gains the trust of key stakeholders by actively listening and seeking to understand their views and needs. Consistently demonstrates respect and appreciation for others by empathizing, valuing their time and contributions, being available and responsive to their needs.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA, New York City, Washington, DC, or Chicago, IL
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- 15+ years of experience, including 10+ managing teams and managing large, complex initiatives.
- Ability to work proactively in an ambiguous, dynamic, fast-paced environment and adept at developing relationships with various constituencies.
- Demonstrated success managing and facilitating organizational change efforts from concept to execution.
- Exceptional analytic, strategic-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with large-scale project planning and holding teams accountable to deliver on plans.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to convey ideas in a clear, compelling, inspiring way.
- Ability to lead product and user-centered design process and build capacity in teams to do the same.
- Strong cultural competence with an ability to communicate and influence across lines of difference.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience working with distributed organizations, especially those undergoing growth or change preferred.
- BA Required, MBA or Advanced Degree in Education or Policy preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel 25%
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Posted By: On-Ramps
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert