Director of Leader Support and Development
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: none
State: US Territories
Country: United States
Stronger Consulting is a firm dedicated to improving the quality of educational experiences available to children and young people in cities across the country. Our core work is focused on strengthening organizations, teams and individuals to deliver better programming for stronger results. We enhance educational and leadership programming through design and evaluation planning. We diversify leadership through recruiting. We provide guidance around creating an inclusive, equity focused, organization filled with individuals from diverse communities and backgrounds. We strengthen management and leadership through coaching and education.
ResponsibilitiesLeadership and Curriculum Developer
- Create a learning and development strategy that aligns to EdLoC’s organizational goals and our members' needs
- Design creative and engaging content and program curriculum to build community and encourage action that advances EdLoC values and thought leadership
- Manage the implementation and delivery of programming, including the use of expert, third-party facilitators
- Oversee efforts to provide external coaching to individual members, focused initially on Boulder Fund recipients, and help scale the program to meet the needs of membership at-large
- Cultivate relationships with EdLoC members, external stakeholders and subject matter experts and collaborate to create engaging and varied learning resources--including train-the-trainer materials, learning aids, presentations, discussion guides, and leadership forums
Driver of Internal Organizational Learning and Success
- Engage our national membership virtually. Facilitate webinars; build out hub of online resources (with initial support from other EdLoC staff or consultants; facilitate and encourage online and in-person connections among our members.
- Create in-person learning and relationship building experiences e.g. workshops, coaching, group discussions, and activities at our National Convening, regional meetings, affinity group convenings, and subcommittee gatherings
- Develop unique and meaningful opportunities for Boulder Fund recipients to receive targeted professional development and support to learn from one another and exchange best practices with the broader EdLoC network
- Lead and support culture of learning by developing and analyzing success measures, facilitating debriefs, documenting lessons learned, and using these insights to rapidly revise and improve our curriculum content and programs to drive impact
- Develop and maintain data-driven measurement and evaluation processes to assess the impact of member engagement and the effectiveness of EdLoC’s leadership development programming, coaching and interventions toward advancing our organizational goals and mission
- Build team consensus and collaborate closely with the Deputy Director to track our members’ learning and development needs and interests Assist with refining internal staff performance management system
Qualified candidates will have/be:
- Aligned with EdLoC’s Third Way values and modeling that during engagement with the EdLoC staff and members. Ability to build alliances, leverage the power of community, and discover intersectional approaches and solutions
- A track record of measurable success at designing and implementing programming to increase leader effectiveness through virtual and in-person programming, coaching or other professional supports
- Able to build and advance an inclusive culture that invites diverse perspectives, new thinking, direct communication and rejects false binaries
- Experience leading internal organizational measurement, evaluation and learning
- Capable project manager and team leader, able to track progress and meet deadlines, build consensus, motivate others, hold themselves and others accountable and complete large-scale, long-term projects on time
- Possess and lead with an attitude that is positive and flexible, approaching work with a spirit of “yes” mentality to push forward through obstacles and adapt quickly. Demonstrated persistence, ingenuity, innovation, and ability to look past the simple solutions.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and is comfortable adjusting approaches based on real-time learning to meet short- and long-term goals. Capable of adeptly managing a wide variety of tasks while remaining hyper-organized and of consistently meet deadlines and communicate early when help or support from the team is needed.
$100k - 120k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert