Senior Associate, Ceres Accelerator for Sustainable Capital Markets
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Environment
Postal code: 02111
Country: United States
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Ceres Accelerator for Sustainable Capital Markets aims to transform the practices and policies that govern capital markets in order to accelerate action on reducing the worst impacts of the climate crisis and other sustainability threats. It will spur capital market influencers to act on these systemic financial risks and drive the large-scale behavior and systems change needed to achieve a net-zero carbon economy and a just and sustainable future. The current priority initiatives include:
- Regulating Climate Change as a Systemic Risk
- Achieving Paris-Aligned Portfolios
- Financing a Net-Zero Economy
- Governance for a Sustainable Future
The Senior Associate for the Ceres Accelerator for Sustainable Capital Markets will work with the Managing Director of the Accelerator, and other Ceres staff on a range of projects housed under the umbrella of the Accelerator. This includes managing priority initiatives and workstreams, tracking activities, supporting outreach to external constituents, and conducting research and analysis. Under the direction of the Managing Director, the Senior Associate will take on well-defined research projects that support scaling of existing work, help vet new opportunities, and ensure that Ceres maintains its competitive edge. The Senior Associate will also support outreach to current and prospective philanthropic supporters
This full-time role is based in the Boston office, and will report to the Managing Director of the Ceres Accelerator. https://www.ceres.org/accelerator
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following.
- Manage a well-defined, time-limited set of research projects for current Accelerator initiatives and for potential new areas of exploration. This may include specifically performing data collection, analysis and synthesis.
- Coordinate outreach to potential partners, non-profit organizations and collaborators
- Undertake targeted competitive/landscape analyses for proposed new projects or other new opportunities.
- Coordinate work across other departments and groups at Ceres, as well as with certain consultants.
- Represent the Accelerator in Ceres wide initiatives as requested;
- Coordinate Bi-Weekly Accelerator team meetings;
- Support Accelerator related sessions at the annual Ceres Conference
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Immediate/Short-Term, work with team on report roll-out, logistics, data tracking, and outreach efforts for the initiatives addressing, “Regulating Climate as a Systemic Risk” and “Financing a Net-Zero Economy”.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and a list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
- Four to five years of professional experience demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills, research and analysis experience, and project management abilities.
- Three years of environmental or sustainability issues in the corporate, investor or non-profit sectors.
- Demonstrated project management skills of multiple, complex activities or events.
- Planning expertise and delivering projects on deadline and within time and resource budgets. Attention to detail is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as effective presentation style.
- Able to present a professional and confident demeanor with senior level professionals
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, proven ability to demonstrate initiative and motivation.
- Demonstrated initiative and willingness to take on projects that support the success of the team and Ceres.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take a collaborative approach, and to deliver independent projects.
- Ability to bring a positive outlook and energetic commitment to working at Ceres on a daily basis.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, social media and e-mail computer applications (Salesforce, Google Suite, MS Office Suite).
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, click here: https://jobapply.page.link/2gtc
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert