Boston Bulldogs Running Club
Position Type: Part-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 02445
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
The Boston Bulldogs are a co-ed 501(c)3 non-profit running and wellness club established to provide an anonymous and safe community of support for all those adversely affected by addiction - those in recovery, their families and friends, the clinical community, and the community at large. The Boston Bulldogs Running Club promotes an integrated approach to wellness and self-leadership in recovery.
The Boston Bulldogs Running Club (BBRC) is looking for an Executive Director to play a leadership role in our continued growth and impact.
WHO WE ARE:
The Boston Bulldogs are a co-ed 501(c)3 non-profit running and wellness club established to provide an anonymous and safe community of support for all those adversely affected by addiction - those in recovery, their families and friends, the clinical community, and the community at large. The Boston Bulldogs Running Club promotes an integrated approach to wellness and self-leadership in recovery. To learn more about who we are please see our website: https://www.bostonbulldogsrunning.com/
Now entering our fifth year of operation, The Boston Bulldogs is seeking an Executive Director who embodies our values to lead this small, rapidly growing organization into its next phase of growth and impact. As the public representative of the organization, this motivated leader will provide inspiration and direction to our members, volunteers, and the larger community as we support those in recovery and their families. The Executive Director is responsible for executing the strategic direction of the organization, leading fundraising efforts, and overseeing the general operations of the organization. The Executive Director will collaborate with and lead a team of part-time employees, volunteers, an active Board of Directors and other stakeholders in program development and delivery, expansion, and the successful execution of annual goals. The position reports to the Founder of the Boston Bulldogs. This position can be part-time or full-time, with a minimum of 25 hours per week. There is flexibility with regards to days/hours worked as well as the opportunity to work remotely from home. Salary is commensurate with experience and schedule.
1. Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the board and staff to ensure that the mission and strategic plan are fulfilled through communications, programs, and community outreach.
- Drives development and execution of the Club’s communications and programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Implements the Strategic Plan to ensure that the Club can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the Club’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, community and private organizations.
2. Operations and Membership: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure effective execution, planning, communication, and results.
- Manages key operational needs and systems: infrastructure, budget planning and oversight, calendar management, inventory, communications materials, events, etc.
- Manages part-time employees, interns, and volunteers. Will help hire and manage additional staff as the organization grows.
- Manages Board interface; meeting prep, support and communication.
- Impact/results reporting to Board and external audiences.
- Responsible for active outreach: marketing & promotional activities / touchpoints, coordinate speakers and wellness seminars.
- Responsible for Membership drives, renewals, tracking and communication.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of member needs; develops, promotes and implement new programs and grows membership.
- Regularly evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of the Bulldogs current programs and services; provide ideas for continual improvements and implementations.
- Oversees program delivery; provide a presence and leadership and troubleshoot challenging situations when necessary. Performs other responsibilities, as assigned and necessary.
3. Development and Finance: Develops resources sufficient to ensure growth and financial health of the organization
- Serve as the chief development officer of BBRC with overall responsibility for all fundraising, marketing and communications activities.
- Actively participate in setting fundraising goals and developing an annual fundraising plan; provide monthly plan reports.
- Enthusiastically seek and cultivate new opportunities for funding from all sources. Increase revenue through a broad range of fundraising tactics.
- Develop innovative ways to publicize the activities and accomplishments of the organization, its programs and goals.
- Develop and maintain sound financial practices. Ensure appropriate accounting practices are followed and that corporate filings, financial documents, and budget records are properly maintained.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to prepare annual budgets. Review and analyze financial reports regularly and provide clear and concise reports and projections to the Finance Committee and Board.
- Commitment to the mission of the Club.
- Strong general business acumen, knowledge and experience; an ability to manage and annually grow a non-profit organization’s finances, programs, and services.
- Ability to collaborate and motivate board members and volunteers.
- Self-directed, strong initiative.
- Effective communicator; verbally and written. Strong public speaking skills.
- Strong project management and well-organized; able to plan, delegate, lead program development and task facilitation.
- Operations and systems management/savvy, familiarity with MS Office and contact databases.
- Experience with fundraising, budget management and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of the area of substance use, addiction, and recovery is a plus, as is knowledge of wellness and mind-body connection.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in business or non-profit management preferred.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to:
[email protected]. Please write your name (Last, First) in the subject line of your e-mail. Deadline for applications is August 16, 2020.
BBRC is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service, marital status, orders of protection, handicap, disability or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert