Senior Manager, Institutional Giving
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10036
State: New York
Country: United States
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating nearly 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students.
The Senior Manager, Institutional Giving reports to the Senior Director of Development and manages a robust portfolio of foundation and corporate (i.e. institutional) donors, and leads fundraising from new institutional prospects for KIPP Foundation. He/she is a member of the Development team and works collaboratively with our Finance and Program teams.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Directly manage a large portfolio of foundation and corporate donors and partners
- Identify and research new institutional prospects, prioritize pipeline, and devise and execute engagement, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship strategies for portfolio.
- Produce prospect letters of inquiry, grant proposals and reports, briefings, and associated documents in collaboration with Finance and Program teams.
- Lead corporate partnerships strategy; design and manage corporate partnerships.
- Represent KIPP Foundation at institutional giving and philanthropy-related convenings, both to learn and share and cultivate new partnerships
- Stakeholder Management: Develops strong, trusting, respectful relationships with others.
- Communication: Listens carefully and speaks and writes in a compelling way.
- Impact and Influence: Motivates and influences others to achieve outcomes.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Gathers information from different sources; sifts through complexity; and proposes relevant solutions.
- Achievement Orientation: Demonstrates results and the ability to sustain and persevere through significant challenges to reach goals.
Planning and Execution: Manages time and resources effectively, prioritizing efforts according to organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- A passion for KIPP’s mission and values
- 7+ years of professional work experience, with significant experience in Development, within an entrepreneurial non-profit environment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success with generating funding from institutional funding sources and proven track record in managing relationships with corporations and foundations investing in six-to-seven-figure grants/gifts.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and analytical skills, and project management skills.
- Location – Flexible
- Must be willing and able to travel at least 30% of time.
- Exemption status: Full time / exempt
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter online. Applications submitted via email will not be accepted.
KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert