President and Chief Executive Officer
Trinity Park Conservancy
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Environment
Postal code: 75207
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
to connect people and nature along the reimagined Trinity River with recreational spaces that inspire and unite the community.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Trinity Park Conservancy's mission is to connect people and nature along the reimagined Trinity River with recreational spaces that inspire and unite the community.
For more than a decade, the Trinity Park Conservancy has advocated for Dallas' Trinity River Corridor Project and the Balanced Vision Plan by bringing awareness to the public, raising more than $115 million dollars in private funds and championing strong, equitable and inclusive urban design for the city's largest public green space.
In October 2016, the Conservancy received a $50 million gift from Annette Simmons for the Trinity River Park as part of Dallas' Balanced Vision Plan. Since then, the Conservancy has secured an additional $50 million and is halfway to its goal of securing the $200 million necessary to build the 210 acre Harold Simmons Park along the Trinity River, the first of many projects to come. The Conservancy is committed to authentic and meaningful community engagement throughout Park development and operations with the goal that Park benefits are enjoyed equitably by surrounding neighborhoods and all Dallas residents.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The President/CEO will be at the helm of this exciting and impactful organization. In partnership with the Board of Directors, the President/CEO is responsible for translating and executing the vision of the Trinity Park Conservancy through the Trinity River Corridor and the Harold Simmons Park. Reporting directly to the Board, the President and Chief Executive Officer is the strategic leader of the Trinity Park Conservancy. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced and inspiring leader with adept relationship building skills and deep expertise in civic building projects to play an instrumental role in creating an equitable park that brings the city together within its largest public green space.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Strategic Planning and Development of Civic Projects
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, develop, refine and implement the long range vision and strategic plan for Trinity Park Conservancy
- Facilitate the development of departmental goals and project plans tied to the long term vision and plan
- Play a lead role in navigating the complex design and development process for Trinity Park, helping to resolve issues as they arise
- Drive the various stages of urban planning and development, with an eye towards moving projects forward with meaningful community engagement and investment
External Relations and Community Engagement
- Serve as a principal spokesperson for the Trinity Park Conservancy; inspiring others to contribute ideas, engagement and/or resources
- Build and maintain strong relationships and open communication with the Board of Directors; cultivate and maintain existing relationships with key public, private and governmental stakeholders
- In conjunction with the Board, identify priority public policy issues; ensure effective representation before relevant government bodies to achieve desired outcomes
- Work closely with a wide range of constituencies in both the public and private sector, to build and support coalitions consistent with the Conservancy's overall mission and priorities
- Serve as a leader, a visionary, and alliance builder within the City of Dallas and Dallas County insofar as the Trinity River Balanced Vision Plan impacts the community
- Deepen partnerships with City and County officials, funders, community organizations, and other stakeholders
- Attract, develop, and retain a strong staff; manage a highly effective and efficient organization as measured by achievement of priority goals
- In partnership with the Chief Financial Officer, develop and manage annual budgets that are aligned to the strategic goals of the Conservancy; ensure financial soundness, transparency and a balanced budget annually
- Foster a results-oriented, collaborative and high-achieving culture with accountability across all departments so that organizational objectives and defined goals are accomplished and celebrated
- Together with the Chief Advancement Officer and the Board, diversify and strengthen financial investments through ongoing philanthropy, capital campaign(s), and earned income opportunities
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 15+ years of work experience, with a deep track record of leading complex civic building projects, ideally in the environmental space
- Extensive experience leading diverse, cross sector stakeholder groups in development and/or construction projects
- Agile and skilled negotiating abilities, as well as the ability to inspire trust and buy in
- Outstanding organizational leadership skills; articulates a clear and inspiring vision for the Trinity Park Conservancy while managing and mentoring staff
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop strong relationships across a diverse spectrum of stakeholders, and to influence leaders in the private, public, and non-profit sectors
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills; can serve as a strong external voice for the Conservancy and its work
- Experience overseeing budgets, with the capacity to allocate resources strategically and manage spending effectively
- Superb strategic planning skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects at once; strong planning and execution skills with a track record of setting goals and solving problems in the context of ambiguity
- A commitment to transparency in all dealings, exacting ethical standards at all times, and a sensitivity to the level of scrutiny to which the Conservancy and its projects are subject
- A self-aware leadership style with respect for all members of The Conservancy's community and its partners
- Commitment to and passion for The Conservancy's mission and vision around equitable and inclusive public spaces that reflect the priorities, interests and culture of the community
- Desire to work in a dynamic, results-oriented, and entrepreneurial environment
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
Trinity Park Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Posted By: On-Ramps
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert