Executive Director, USA
IPA | switxboard
Position Type: Part-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: International/Foreign Affairs
Postal code: 02130
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
Founded in 2016, Innovation and Planning Agency (“IPA”) was developed out of Za’atari Refugee Camp in Jordan by founder Kilian Kleinschmidt during his time as Senior Field Coordinator for UNHCR. We are pioneering a technology-driven approach to humanitarian relief and development that works in cooperation with the traditional humanitarian relief industry, governments, the private sector, academia and regional, national, and local institutions.
IPA USA facilitates the connection of services, expertise, infrastructure, information access to education, access to mental health services, access to employment and many other opportunities. Our mission is to ensure those served by humanitarian aid have access to the full range of global resources that exist and the opportunity to take charge of their own destiny.
IPA USA is seeking a part time (remote) Executive Director with a passion for humanitarian innovation to work as a bridge between the global switxboard network and to build the future of the US organization. This role requires an entrepreneurial self starter who wants to develop a non-profit from the ground up.
- Tell the story of IPA | switxboard and build relationships with existing and prospective donors.
- Work closely with the Tunis-based switxboard team to develop pitches and proposals to scale social entrepreneurship programming.
- Develop the overall roadmap for the US organization in cooperation with the Boston and Tunis based Board of Directors
- Oversee the day to day financial management of the organization including managing fiscal sponsorship agreements and partner distributions.
- Proactively seek out new partnerships and donor relationships to strengthen the IPA | switxboard network and accelerate growth.
- Masters degree or equivalent in business administration, international affairs or non-profit management is strongly preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience working in project and/or grants management and proposal/business development/design. Bonus points if you have work experience in a post-conflict setting
- Prior experience/knowledge of international humanitarian aid and donor regulations (UN, USG, EC, DFID etc.)
- Experience with basic accounting and financial management
- Exceptional communication, organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, cultural and diplomatic skills
- Superior writing and editing skills with close attention to detail
- Strong capacity to lead, manage, mentor, coach and measurably build capacity of staff
- Strong computer skills: must be competent in the use of Windows MS office programs (Word, Excel), email programs, etc.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written, is essential. Knowledge of French and Arabic preferred.
This a part-time / remote role to start, with a small annual stipend based on performance. We are seeking a self-starter with the capacity to bring in new funding and grow the role into a paid full time position.
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please email resume and a brief cover letter / statement of interest (a few sentences is fine) to Ben Homer ([email protected])
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert