Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
City: Staten Island
Postal code: 10314
State: New York
Country: United States
Since our inception, Community Resources’ commitment to enriching lives has remained constant in providing the opportunities and services that people need to reach their potential, achieve the highest level of independence, and to lead rewarding lives as fully participating and contributing members of the community.
ABOUT CR: Community Resources (CR) is one of the New York City area’s largest and most experienced voluntary not-for-profit comprehensive service providers for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and/or mental health diagnosis. Established in 1953 by a group of concerned parents seeking alternatives to institutionalization for their developmentally disabled children, CR offers people of all ages and levels of ability opportunities for personal growth, intellectual advancement, skill building, and vocational training.
One of the largest employers on Staten Island, the agency has dedicated team of 400 full- and part-time employees, and maintains 25 sites throughout the borough, directly serving 1,000 people annually, and helps hundreds more through advocacy and referral services. Throughout the COVID-19 health crisis, CR is ensuring the well-being of individuals in residential programs and has developed innovative ways to keep those in other programs engaged and active by streaming classes and other stimulating and entertaining activities. By putting people and their families first, CR helps them shape the direction and quality of their lives. For more information about “The CR Family on the Front Lines”, please click here.
THE OPPORTUNITY: The Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will work with the Board and staff to develop strategic and business plans for moving forward. The CEO oversees the management, administration, and financial well-being of the agency and is the chief representative for the organization to the various constituencies it serves. He/she/they will increase visibility and awareness of CR; forge and foster relationships with government agencies, referral sources, funders, and community partners; and serve as an ambassador for the agency. The successful candidate will partner with a committed Board and dedicated team to build upon a sustained tradition of success and high-quality programs and services and ensure a prosperous future for the agency.
The CEO reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors. Reporting to the CEO is and executive team that includes the Chief Financial Officer, Associate Executive Director of Operations, Senior Program Director, Director of Human Resources, and their respective teams.
FUNDING: CR has a current annual operating budget of approximately $28 million. The primary source of revenue is Medicaid.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive track record of successful, effective senior leadership in a not-for-profit human services organization providing residential/day services.
- Genuine commitment to the CR mission.
- Current with trends facing human service providers in New York City, the region, and nationally.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with an engaged board of directors.
- Strategist capable of forecasting short- and long-term objectives.
- Understanding of value-based payment policies and how to best position the agency.
- Commitment to best practices, continuous quality improvement, and outcomes measurement.
- Connector and networker.
- Change agent and builder.
- Strong business and financial management skills.
- Polished communication skills.
- Demonstrated success leading and motivating a team.
- Advocate for staff, individuals in CR’s care, and their families.
- History of recruiting and fostering a diverse team with a focus on equity and inclusion.
- Strong negotiating ability; a problem solver.
- Politically savvy.
- Experience with marketing/branding/positioning.
- Warm and approachable.
- Sound judgment, integrity, and maturity.
- Ability and willingness to attend community events (including some evening and weekend activities), and to serve as a visible member of and spokesperson to the community served by CR.
- Familiarity with the Staten Island community is beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; an advanced degree is desirable but not required.
Community Resources is an equal opportunity employer committed to high standards of business conduct and civil responsibility. This treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to disability, race, creed, religion, color, age, gender, marital status, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental abilities, citizenship status or veteran status employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination, and all other conditions of employment.
Community Resources offers an attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply please click here or visit howe-lewis.com and click on the “Assignments” tab. You may also email your resume and letter of interest to [email protected]
Posted By: Howe-Lewis International, Inc.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert