Tikkun Olam Women's Foundation (TOWF)
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
City: North Bethesda
Postal code: 20852
Country: United States
Mission Statement: We create social change for women and girls locally and in Israel, and empower purposeful, effective philanthropists.
Vision: We envision a landscape of social and economic justice for all women and girls.
Who We Are: By investing in social change for women and girls, we create a future where generations of women are empowered economically, politically, and socially to live a life that radiates with possibility.
The Tikkun Olam Women’s Foundation (TOWF) is a grantmaking organization dedicated to creating social change for women and girls. The Foundation, rooted in Jewish values, empowers women to be philanthropists, decision-makers and advocates on behalf of women of all ages, cultures and faiths.
The Director will be primarily responsible for increasing the network of Trustees, expanding the engagement of current Trustees, and growing the financial resources of the TOWF. The Director will collaborate with TOWF’s Leadership Board (LB) and individual Trustees to carry out the membership recruitment, retention, fundraising and marketing. The Director is responsible for the creation and execution of all growth strategies and tactics in consultation with the LB; the Director will be responsible for representing TOWF to the community at large.
The successful candidate will possess the knowledge of women and girls and the experience with social change to take TOWF to the next level of impact. The Director will report to the LB. All TOWF Staff are employees of the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington (JFGW); as such, they also receive mentoring and supervision by a JFGW senior staff member.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Work with the LB to set the direction for achieving the mission, vision and strategic priorities of TOWF. Set goals and metrics for such achievements; manage implementation of plans to meet and exceed goals, thereby ensuring the longevity of TOWF.
- Enhance a culture of philanthropy and a strong commitment to long term systemic change that will improve the lives of women and girls in the DC area and in Israel.
- Plan and implement strategies to maximize revenue sources from Trustees, Donors and Fundraising events.
- Acquire new Trustees in collaboration with existing Trustees; serve as steward of existing Trustees and Donors to ensure retention and growth. In pursuit of these responsibilities, Director will manage the integrity of the prospect and donor database.
- Establish performance metrics, monitor outcomes and report same to LB; work with Chair to evaluate the efficacy of initiatives.
- Collaborate with Chair and Treasurer to establish accurate budgets and address “budget vs. actual” variances; ensure that all income/expenses are processed according to established procedures; monitor financial reports on a monthly basis and notify Chair and Treasurer of any concerns.
- Create marketing and solicitation materials and a public relations campaign that includes effective use of social media and press releases.
- Increase the visibility of TOWF and its brand by developing and executing a plan that includes community relations, speaking engagements, newsletters and charitable events.
- Collaborate with partners in JFGW and with other key stakeholders as needed.
- Administer all other aspects of TOWF operations; manage permanent employees and independent contractors.
- A proven, quantifiable track record as a fundraiser.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a nonprofit organization.
- A passion for philanthropy and a commitment to the mission of social change for women and girls.
- Strong interpersonal, decision-making and leadership skills, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter attributes including the ability to work relatively independently.
- Successful experience reporting to engaged Boards.
- Effective time management skills balanced by the flexibility to handle ad hoc or emergent duties.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
If this opportunity represents a solid match between your skills and experience and TOWF’s expectations, please submit your letter of interest (with recent salary history) and resume to: [email protected].
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert