Director of Education & Training: Family Resource Center
Support for Famililes of Children with Disablities
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Human Services
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94103
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Since 1982, Support for Families of Children with Disabilities has offered information, education, and parent-to-parent support free of charge to families of children with any kind of disability or special healthcare need and to the professionals who work with them in San Francisco.
The Education Program Director oversees the Education Department and implements and oversees high volume of offsite and on site trainings, development of curriculum, presentations and outreach (this includes planning, implementation and follow up), oversees the Information and Resource Conference, provides supervision to Parent Mentor Coordinators and Education Coordinators, responsible for keeping SFCD trainings up-to-date, oversees and implements focus groups. This position also ensures education trainings are in compliance with grant requirements, contracts and SFCD Strategic Plan, oversees specific contracts including attending meetings, grant reporting and quality improvement activities.
- Must have experience with special education law
- Must have experience with services relevant to families of children with disabilities
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must have experience training groups, specifically teachers, parents and caregivers
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, oral and written
- Strong project management skills: ability to balance multiple priorities and projects efficiently and effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to discern when to act independently or seek out appropriate help
- Accurate, timely, and consistent in performance of duties
- High attention to detail
- High level of computer literacy and comfort using new software and equipment if needed. Microsoft Word and Excel required; salesforce, Microsoft PowerPoint, Publisher and WordPress competency preferred
- BA/BS degree and three years’ experience or an equivalent combination
- Experience working with a program teams
Demonstrated ability and experience working with staff and clients of diverse cultures and backgrounds
Support Families of Children with Disabilities is a San Francisco non-profit organization that offers parent-to-parent support to families who have children with disabilities, and information and educational services to families and the professionals who work with them. Services include: a phone line, drop-in center, information and referral, support groups, parent mentor program, trainings, workshops, community education, special family events, newsletter and website.
Support for Families is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, parents of children with disabilities, and gays and lesbians are encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
$75k - 90k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply on our website, a cover letter is required.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert