Reporting to the Texas Executive Director, the Texas Program Coordinator will join a collaborative team to support teachers as they conduct advocacy efforts to enact policy change that impacts teachers and their students at a state and district level. Primary responsibilities include working group coordination, grants writing and reporting, recruitment and management of the Texas Network, and recruitment and selection. The role will include opportunities for professional growth in education policy and non-profit management.
State Fellowship Working Group Coordination, Research, and Support
● Support work of the fellowship teacher leaders by providing training; and editing and providing input to teachers as they write op-eds.
● Support the working group with research inputs, products, and timeline, analysis of legislative activity, fact-checking data, facilitation of in-person and virtual meetings, and preparation of material.
● Act as a thought partner on various projects and provide general support on publications.
Grant Writing and Reporting
● Support in the grants-renewal process for existing donors, including timely submission of grant reports to funders.
● Write and submit new grant proposals and letters of inquiry, independently and in collaboration with the Executive Director.
● Support the implementation of internal evaluations and surveys that track the progress and impact of our programs.
Teach Plus Texas Network Support
● Lead on the planning and coordination of Teach Plus Texas Network sessions, including logistics, space, materials, etc.
● Manage relationships and opportunities for alumni, including mobilizing them for impact opportunities and visibility.
● Write the monthly Network Newsletters on behalf of the Executive Director.
Recruitment and Selection of Program Participants
● Create and execute fellowship recruitment plans and outreach strategies to expand the reach of the fellowships and support state-wide recruitment highly-effective teachers.
● Manage the selection process in partnership with key regional staff members.
● Develop messaging for marketing and recruitment materials to engage alumni and new Network members, communicate application requirements and program details to applicants through multiple channels, including in-person presentations, webinars, etc.
Commitment to Diversity
In order to better-serve the teachers and students at the core of our mission, Teach Plus is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and will be based on prior experience and qualifications. Full benefits package includes medical, dental, retirement, disability, life insurance and generous paid time off benefits.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an online application found here. The online application will require you to upload a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include an explanation of your interest in the position as well as a summary of relevant qualifications and experience. Teach Plus will receive applications until the position is filled.
Application Link: https://teachplus.tfaforms.net/328014