Context for the Role
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Stronger is a group of 30 Planned Parenthood affiliates, representing 30 states and Washington, D.C., who came together to focus on strengthening affiliates in ways that are truly transformational, facilitating the innovation needed to build the Planned Parenthood of the future.
One of the initiatives Stronger affiliates has identified as a high priority is market analysis and associated supports to conduct it. Stronger seeks an Analyst to support aggregating, analyzing, and interpreting data to support affiliates making data-driven, strategic decisions. Situated within the Stronger Change Office (SCO) this position will report to the Associate Director, Market Analysis Transformation Lead.
The Analyst will carry out and communicate timely and relevant data analyses to inform the SCO’s strategic decision making. The primary functions of the Analyst, Market Analysis are to:
● Conduct high-quality programmatic data analysis for Stronger’s Market Analysis Working Group, including aggregating, analyzing, and interpreting data to inform the design and direction of work
● Work within a cross divisional team to develop and refine market analysis products and services for affiliates
● Provide consultative support to Planned Parenthood affiliates focused on strategic priorities related to health care market analysis Duties and Responsibilities
● Conduct market analyses and health-related data analyses with visualization to inform affiliate strategic decision making and business development.
● In partnership with Stronger Change Office Director and affiliates, identify and translate market assessments into business cases and action plans that can be implemented in response to environmental and/or policy changes.
● Assist affiliates and partner with national office staff in providing data and analytic capacity to make and implement data-driven decisions about expanding access to care.
● Build, train, and drive usage of performance improvement-focused analytical and visualization tools (such as ArcGIC and Tableau) in direct service of affiliate business objectives.
● Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values of Stronger and PPFA and work with others across geographies and socio-political contexts in a culturally competent way.
● Communicate results, insights, and implications of analyses, using a critical lens.
● Maintain relationships with Federation analytics partners. Work with internal and external partners to incorporate external tools and capabilities for descriptive analytics, predictive modeling, and forecasting.
● Provide thought partnership to affiliate stakeholders on the use of data analytics and how it supports successful outcomes.