Context for the Role
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Stronger is a group of 30 Planned Parenthood affiliates, representing 30 states and Washington, D.C., who came together to focus on strengthening affiliates in ways that are truly transformational, facilitating the innovation needed to build the Planned Parenthood of the future.
Stronger seeks a Best Practice Manager to support the execution of Stronger’s change efforts in the coming years. This position will be part of the Stronger Change Office (SCO) and work under the direction of the Standards of Excellence Transformation Lead. The Best Practice Sharing Manager will be responsible for facilitating pathways for best practice sharing across Stronger affiliates.
The primary functions of the Best Practice Sharing Manager are to:
● Support the SCO in strategically sharing best practices surfaced in Stronger initiatives across affiliates and the National Office to build the capacity of affilaites to serve more patients with high-quality health care
● Create systems for Stronger to effectively curate and disseminate best practices from Planned Parenthood affiliates, the National Office, and the broader healthcare industry
● Identify “centers of excellence” among Stronger affiliates that are excelling at a given practice and facilitate opportunities for them to share the learnings more broadly
● Provide thought leadership to Planned Parenthood affiliates seeking resources on specific strategic priorities and health outcomes Duties and Responsibilities
● Lead assessments to find best practices and centers of excellence among Stronger affiliates and identify outside resources to supplement Stronger’s knowledge as necessary. Communicate insights across Stronger to support successful outcomes.
● Design and provide trainings, technical assistance, and collaborate with Stronger, National Office, and affiliate staff to improve performance across Stronger’s five target areas (Standards of Excellence, Market Analysis, Staffing, Marketing, and Shared Services).
● Proactively design and build multiple channels to share information, training opportunities, and collaborations that benefit Federation and Stronger affiliate programmatic efforts.
● Develop best practice sharing platform with documents, toolkits, and reports, and facilitate working sessions to disseminate best practices
● Advise Stronger working groups in the design and implementation of affiliate supports that help achieve health equity and improve performance on transformation metrics.
● Proactively monitor, identify and raise trends and best practices from the broader health care industry to the SCO and affiliate working groups for incorporation, as appropriate
● Maintain relationships with National Office subject matter experts. Work with internal and external partners to incorporate external tools and capabilities.