Director of Public Funding
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 98105
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential
YouthCare envisions a community where no young person experiences homelessness, all young people have the opportunity to thrive, and the systems that oppress them are dismantled. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity. We are looking for a mission-driven individual to join the team as our Director of Public Funding.
Under the supervision of the Learning and Impact Officer, the Director of Public Funding will manage YouthCare’s public funding portfolio and lead the public funds development process. The public funding portfolio currently comprises approximately 70% of YouthCare’s total funding. The agency’s current annual budget is ~16 million dollars.
- Provides oversight of the public funding portfolio by managing and coordinating the process from beginning to end – including grant prospecting, proposal development, and report submission.
- Collaborates on the development of a public funding strategy in partnership with the Learning and Impact Officer and Senior Leadership to ensure a sufficient revenue stream to meet organization’s budgetary needs.
- Provides leadership in projecting public revenue goals for annual budgeting process.
- Takes the lead in vetting new funding opportunities to ensure alignment to strategic growth plan.
- Conducts prospect research on government sources to identify new grant opportunities throughout the year.
- Prepares regular internal reports on grant activity for review by staff, management team, and board.
- Develops and maintains collaborative, cross departmental relationships to establish and support organizational priorities
- Maintains knowledge base on research, policy, and best practices related to the issue of youth homelessness.
- Provides supervision of the Public Grants Manager.
- Minimum three years of grants management experience (full spectrum of prospect research, grant tracking, reporting and stewardship).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other web based software solutions.
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). Public speaking skills with the capacity to represent the agency in public settings.
- Ability to synthesize varied information into concise, comprehensive components.
- Flexibility with a team player mentality.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, time management and project management skill
- B.A. degree preferred, experience may be substituted
- Management experience with a demonstrated history of progressive advances in duties and responsibilities
Employee benefits play an integral part in making YouthCare a great place to work and enabling employees to provide the best service possible to our clients. We provide full and part-time employees with a generous and comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical & Vision: three medical plans to choose from to fit your needs
- Dental: two dental plans to choose from to fit your needs
- Flexible Spending Accounts: use pre-tax money to pay for out-of-pocket medical and childcare expenses
- Employee Assistance Program: access to legal assistance, financial counseling, child and elder care referrals, counseling services, and more for employees as well as their dependents
- 401(k) Plan: includes an employer match
- Short-term and Long-term Disability, and Life Insurance: 100% employer-paid to ensure employees are covered for unexpected challenges
- Paid Time Off: We knows that employees perform their best when they have a chance to rest from their daily routine on a regular basis and are able to take time away from work when sick. YouthCare provides paid time off through a broad offering of vacation, sick, parental leave, floating holidays, and holiday leave.
$65k - 75k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in the Director of Public Funding position should submit a cover letter and resume through our application portal which is accessible through our website: Employment - YouthCare
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert