Director of Operations and Fiance
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 11217
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Common Justice develops and advances solutions to violence that transform the lives of those harmed and foster racial equity without relying on incarceration. Locally, we operate the first alternative-to-incarceration and victim-service program in the United States that focuses on violent felonies in the adult courts. Nationally, we leverage the lessons from our direct service to transform the justice system through partnerships, advocacy, and elevating the experience and power of those most impacted. Rigorous and hopeful, we build practical strategies to hold people accountable for harm, break cycles of violence, and secure safety, healing, and justice for survivors and their communities
Common Justice develops and advances solutions to violence that transform the lives of those harmed and foster racial equity without relying on incarceration. Locally, we operate the first alternative to incarceration and victim service program in the United States to focus on violent felonies in the adult courts. Nationally, we leverage the lessons from our direct service to transform the justice system through partnerships, advocacy, and elevating the experience and power of those most impacted.
The Director of Operations will support Common Justice as part of a team responsible for operations, finance, and administration. They will report directly to the Executive Director and supervise the Operations Coordinator. This job will be primarily in Brooklyn, though some travel to the Bronx office will be expected on occasion.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving as a partner to the Executive Director on the organization's administrative and operational processes, developing and improving systems as the organization grows.
- Managing the organization’s budget, accounts payable and receivable, financial forecasting, monthly and quarterly reports, audits, and cash flow in partnership with an accounting firm, audit firm, Executive Director, and Finance Committee of the Board.
- Managing government contract invoices and foundation financial reports in partnership with the Director of Development.
- Maintaining HR administrative system in partnership with the Chief of Staff and PEO firm, including processing payroll, hires, paid time off, and benefits.
- Ensuring sound corporate housekeeping and compliance by managing organizational insurance, state and federal filings, and Board documents.
- Managing the Operations and Development Coordinator to maintain overall office facilities and administrative functions to ensure smooth and consistent operations.
- Attending to other arising matters as needed to ensure the overall efficient operations and financial health of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Experience working in the non-profit sector (5 years or more preferred)
- Experience supervising staff and working as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience in operations, administration, and financial management
- Proficiency in Excel and web-based databases such as Salesforce and Intacct
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently with adaptability for emerging matters
- College degree
- Formerly incarcerated people strongly encouraged to apply
- Serious commitment to social justice required
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume, dates of availability and cover letter to: [email protected]
Common Justice is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, or current employment status. Common Justice values diverse experiences, including regarding educational background and justice system involvement. We depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert