Director, Talent Development
Achievement Network (ANet)
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Human Resources/Recruiting
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 01201
Country: United States
ANet is a nonprofit dedicated to the idea that every child deserves an excellent education and the opportunities it provides.
Director, Talent Development
Location: Flexible within the United States; Some travel required
Position is available: Summer 2020
WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times Best Nonprofits to Work For and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
Reporting to the VP, Talent (VPT) and as a member of the Talent leadership team, the Director, Talent Development plays an important role in monitoring talent management and working collaboratively with people managers across the organization to develop strong leadership pipelines at all levels to enable ANet to take advantage of opportunities for expansion and innovation. The Director, Talent Development partners closely with the VPT to develop and lead initiatives aimed at increasing staff retention, engagement, and wellbeing while reducing staff turnover.
This position requires someone whose passion for ANet's mission is matched with a strong balance of tactical knowledge and empathetic leadership with proven success developing high-functioning teams. This leader will ensure all talent development initiatives, processes, and policies work in direct support of ANet's goal to be a diverse, inclusive, and anti-racist organization. They will work collaboratively with ANet leaders to ensure all talent development policies and practices result in equitable outcomes.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Serve as a Talent Development expert to lead enterprise planning and innovation for talent development initiatives
- Develop and invest senior leaders in a shared, scaled vision and strategy for learning and development that ensures individual staff members are effective in their roles and career at ANet and that ANet meets or exceeds its organizational performance and staff retention goals.
- Collaborate closely with the VPT and the EAO Team to ensure all ANet DEI/anti-racist values and priorities are integrated org-wide through all talent development frameworks, systems, practices and policies
- In collaboration with team leads and the VPT, support the Annual Workforce Planning Process to provide key talent development related insights for consideration in decision-making
- Use data to drive continuous improvement in our talent development efforts and org-wide talent decisions, tracking and contributing metrics regularly to a talent dashboard
- Oversee and implement ANet's Organizational Health Survey efforts (via CultureAmp) to keep a strong pulse on employee engagement and satisfaction related to multiple categories of employee experience
- Collaborate with other key leaders across the Talent, Equity & Anti-Oppression and Senior teams to analyze and synthesize learnings from surveys and translate that learning into communication, further feedback gathering, reflection, and change implementation as needed
Provide people manager development & support
- Build, invest senior leaders, and execute ANet's vision for managerial excellence aligned with ANet's Talent Development Framework, titling and promotions protocol, and career path vision
- Design and administer structures and tools to communicate expectations, evaluate performance, and establish developmental resources for ANet managers
- Leverage external best in field industry lessons on building strong manager teams and benches
- Ensure timely training and calibration processes are provided to people managers for effective and equitable implementation of performance evaluation practices
- Empower managers to be strong developers of people and talent through strong execution of ANet's formal and informal feedback structures
- Help managers be culture leaders who propel our core values, ensure high team engagement levels, and foster a diverse, inclusive and anti-racist environment at ANet
- Provide targeted hands-on support and coaching to developing managers as needed
Oversee performance management, organizational learning, and advancement efforts
- Own the ongoing development and administration of our performance evaluation rhythms, structures, and materials (via CultureAmp) to align to ANet's evolving talent needs and the Talent Development Framework (Org-wide Competency Model); Ensure that evaluation metrics are clear and consistent with organizational outcome goals and individual work plans
- Set the vision for and codify ANet's advancement philosophy and promotion process
- Map career pathing opportunities at ANet and ANet's advancement and promotion policies so that we retain top talent over time in a financially sustainable way and work with people managers to ensure that policies and processes are shared regularly and transparently
- Partner with team leaders and managers across the organization to develop powerful, consistent onboarding learning opportunities for new team members
- Develop and manage a centralized Talent Development budget that leverages external resources as needed
- Set a vision and invest key leaders and managers in how to allocate staff professional development dollars
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet's Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
- You bring experience training and coaching people managers on talent development, evaluation, and management practices and building strong relationships across diverse leadership styles.
- You have developed and led talent development systems, policies, and practices with an eye for how they advance equity.
- You have experience leading and managing other managers of talent development and/or talent-related strategies for a scaling or mid-size organization
- You demonstrate strong vision and strategic thinking with the ability to link the selection, engagement, training, and development of people with achievement of organizational outcomes
- You are skilled at cross-functional collaboration and have experience working closely with senior leadership; you have the ability to listen, learn, and creatively build solutions
- You have a strong data-orientation and experience leading with a data-driven approach toward achieving outcomes and generating insights
- You have experience maintaining the highest level of personal and professional integrity and confidential information.
- You understand best practices related to leading people through change, can effectively adapt to changes in the workplace, and can help others process moves through the change cycle.
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- You bring experience executing performance management and organizational learning virtually and/or within a geographically dispersed organization
- You have SHRM certification or comparable certification/degree
- You bring experience working across the nonprofit and/or mission-driven sector
WHAT WE OFFER
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including: vacation, 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays, a paid floating holiday, paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue Apply button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/n3hk6ff95492hkzr
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Posted By: Jobtarget
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert