Full Life Care
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 98104
Country: United States
Full Life is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for frail elders and people with chronic or terminal illnesses and disabilities. We respect the dignity of our participants and provide for them with care and compassion.
We are committed, through our program of health and social services, to the independence and well-being of all participants and to providing respite for caregivers.
Serving the older population and other adults with serious illnesses or disabilities and their care givers, Full Life Care is a nonprofit health and social service organization serving clients in- and near- King County, Washington (Seattle area) and beyond. With an annual budget of $20M, including $400,000 in philanthropic support, and more than 500 employees, Full Life serves over 4,000 individuals each year.
At some point, virtually all of us will experience serious chronic illness, disability or mental health concerns. Or, we’ll provide care for someone who faces such challenges. At Full Life Care, our goal is to help the people we serve to more fully experience and enjoy their lives, no matter the degree of their daily challenges. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Full Life has worked to keep those most at risk for serious complications related to this terrible disease in their own homes, with family and community support, for as long as possible. Now, more than ever, care and companionship in the community is urgently needed to reduce social isolation, prevent costly ER visits and hospitalizations and fight against homelessness.
Full Life Care is the Home- and Community-Based Services (HCBS) affiliate of Transforming Age, a nonprofit network dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults and the people who love and care for them. Beyond Full Life Care, Transforming Age operates senior living- and affordable housing- communities in Washington, Minnesota, and Nebraska and invests in services, products and partnerships that grow mission impact.
Advancement Director develops and implements fundraising and communications efforts that advance the Full Life Care mission, supported by the Executive Director, Advisory Board and staff. Accountable for revenue- and engagement- goals.
REPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
This person wears many hats and should wear all of them with a high degree of skill and competency. This role requires leadership, management, fundraising, communications, planning, strategizing, marketing problem-solving, maintaining records, and whatever else is needed.
- FUNDRAISING: Develops and implements plans to help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with Full Life Care. Develops and executes annual plan to raise $400,000 and inspire donor loyalty. Administers signature fundraising event and donor stewardship activities. Accountable to achieve 3-5 personal visits each month with major donors and candidates. Manages a direct response program with ~1,000 annual donors. Communicates fundraising goals throughout the organization and equips staff and volunteer team members to reach them.
- VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT: Works closely with the volunteer team to recruit, train, and support key volunteers to assist in advancement efforts, e.g. Advisory Board, Table Captains, peer-to-peer champions/campaigners.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: Passionately represents Full Life Care’s clients, families, and caregivers to donors, civic, community, and professional organizations; seeks appropriate public speaking opportunities for Executive Director; works with volunteer team to staff educational conferences and community fairs, e.g. workplace giving campaigns
- MANAGEMENT: Reports on program progress to senior management and the board. Supervises Development Assistant and is a key partner for the Communications Specialist, Grants Consultant and other network peers. Manages fundraising and communications budgets, monitoring projected vs. actual expenditures and revising quarterly. Ensures that events, meetings, appeal mailings, and donor activities are accurately tracked and acknowledged by the Development Assistant. Works with leadership staff who raise program-specific revenue and the Office & Contracts Administrator to ensure reporting requirements are fulfilled.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Collaborates with Communications Specialist to oversee content production and maintenance of the website, prepare talking points, speeches and presentations, manage brand identity, and achieve goals such as public awareness, media impressions, email list size, social media followers, etc. Generates and distributes online, broadcast and print materials that inspire action
- 3-5 years in nonprofit development and communications or comparable education and experience
- Skilled listener dedicated to elevating the voices of all constituents and identifying mutual benefits
- Communicates with energy, positivity and professionalism
- Able to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, prioritize projects, exercise excellent judgment, accept responsibility, and give careful attention to details;
- Familiarity with IRS rules and other legalities surrounding non-profit fundraising- and accounting- techniques
- Exceptional computer skills; Confident with the office suite, email marketing and social media networks; experience working with fundraising databases; graphic design; website content management
Full Life Care is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and justice. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to gender identity or expression, age, race, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Job requirements can be adjusted to accommodate and support disabled individuals or anyone desiring an accessible and flexible work environment.
Full Life Care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEOC). Employee will work remotely in accordance with company policy of Safe Start Plan.
Join us in our vision of working toward a future where adults with serious illnesses or disabilities can be supported in the community rather than living in isolation or needing to resort to institutional care!
Generous compensation and benefits package.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply online through our website using the link below:
Posted By: Suzie Cavassa
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert