Director of Recruitment
The Trevor Project
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Human Resources/Recruiting
Primary domain: Human Services
City: New York
Postal code: 00000
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The mission of The Trevor Project is to end suicide among gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning young people. The organization works to fulfill this mission through four strategies:
1. Provide crisis counseling to LGBTQ young people thinking of suicide.
2. Offer resources, supportive counseling and a sense of community to LGBTQ young people to reduce the risk that they become suicidal.
3. Educate young people and adults who interact with young people on LGBTQ-competent suicide prevention, risk detection and response.
4. Advocate for laws and policies that will reduce suicide among LGBTQ young people.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Trevor Project is the world's largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world's largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We've been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Director of Recruitment will lead organization-wide recruitment efforts to support The Trevor Project's growth and life-saving work. The Director will build and implement strategies to recruit and hire a diverse staff of exceptional people through inclusive hiring practices. Managing a team of 4+, and partnering closely with stakeholders across the organization (i.e. hiring managers and the People team), the Director will support bringing on exceptional talent to accomplish The Trevor Project's broader strategic goals.
What you'll do:
- Manage full-cycle recruitment, including building a diverse and talented candidate pipeline, conducting resume screens, phone and in-person or video interviews, and expertly managing all stages of candidate experience across levels and functional areas.
- Build a strong brand and value proposition to attract top talent including a clear and compelling articulation of The Trevor Project's mission, work, and opportunities for joining Team Trevor.
- Develop and refine the recruitment strategies, processes, and systems necessary to support Trevor's rapidly growing team, while ensuring an exceptionally positive candidate experience throughout.
- Continuously assess to ensure hiring processes are representative of Trevor's values of diversity and inclusion.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with hiring managers throughout the organization, coaching, developing, and delivering trainings on hiring and interviewing best practices
- Oversee the recruitment team, both supporting their professional development and growth, and ensuring key goals and outcomes are met.
- Craft a strategy to proactively source candidates, maintaining a pipeline of applicants for reoccurring and hard to fill positions.
- Utilize data and metrics to drive decision-making around talent and staffing strategy and to ensure continual improvement.
- Partner closely with the People Operations team to ensure a seamless transition for candidates as they join Team Trevor.
LOCATION: New York City or Los Angeles
Who you are:
- People person. You love working with people and know how to excite them about our life-saving work.
- Entrepreneurial. You have a track record of successfully building impactful talent initiatives. You're ready to roll up your sleeves and support as needed to get the job done.
- Results- and data-oriented. You are driven by results and informed by data. You operate with urgency and efficiency. You know how to identify problems and create informed and comprehensive strategies to make progress and get results.
- Relationship builder. You love collaborating and sharing ideas. You have the ability to cultivate relationships. You understand that people are the core of who we are and place a premium on customer service.
- Clear communicator. You can communicate clearly and concisely. You're great at getting and giving respectful and productive feedback to candidates and co-workers.
- Highly organized. You know how to manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately. You create clear and logical systems and processes to support your work and that of the organization.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn't mean we don't have fun. You know how to work hard, and know when it's time to celebrate successes.
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), and Summer Fridays Comprehensive health insurance (we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life), including gender affirmation surgery
- Fun office environment and passionate team. It's NBD around here if Jonathan Van Ness or Imagine Dragons drops into our office
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people every day
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY: https://www.on-ramps.com/jobs/1975
Posted By: On-Ramps
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert