The Director of Development will spearhead growth and provide leadership in identifying and securing foundation and corporate gifts and sponsorships. The Director of Development will report to the CEO and work closely with the HelpAge Global Network to build our donor base and increase revenue from a variety of US-based sources. A new position, the ideal candidate will have solid experience in fundraising and will be a skilled and creative communicator. The Director of Development will work collaboratively with our team providing support for marketing and special events.
1. Donor Development and Management
● Work collaboratively with the CEO, consultants, and HelpAge International to create and implement
strategies for donor cultivation and development to provide a diverse and stable funding base for
● Develop concept notes, write grant proposals, and generate information for donor prospects.
● Develop an ongoing stewardship plan for foundations and corporate sponsors to maintain and/or
increase financial commitments.
● Keep abreast of foundation trends and share knowledge as appropriate.
● Represent HelpAge USA at networks and forums relevant to foundation funders.
● Improve and maintain systems for tracking and managing donor outreach, giving, and ongoing
2. Marketing & Event Support
● Develop and manage HelpAge special events.
● Provide leadership and oversight of online marketing.
● Create marketing materials in collaboration with technical and program staff.
● Coordinate special projects as assigned.
● Manage development interns.