Senior Manager, Information Technology
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Information Services/Technology
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 94607
Country: United States
WHO WE ARE
Our mission is to transform the lives of students - especially those who will be the first in their family to attend college - by preparing them for success in college, career, and life.
At Envision Education, we believe the current achievement gap reflects a systemic failure to understand how kids learn, what motivates them to learn, and what they need in order to learn well. We know that vibrant learning communities apply compassion and high expectations to inspire and empower students. With a population that is 75% first-generation college bound, our approach is specifically designed to increase student engagement, deepen integration and understanding, promote active learning, and ensure college success.
Envision Education is a national model for using Project Based Learning and Performance Assessment to prepare students for success in college and in life. Envision Education currently operates three small high schools and one middle school. We will be opening our second middle school in Oakland, CA in Fall 2019. Graduates go on to succeed in college at significantly higher rates than their peers: 99% attend college and 85% persist once they get there.
We believe that deeper learning experiences challenge students to think critically, solve problems resourcefully, and collaborate productively. Students have an opportunity to use these skills and show what they know through portfolio defenses. In 8th, 10th and 12th grade, Envision students present a defense of learning, demonstrating their growth and learning. Similar to a master's thesis defense, these presentations are required to graduate in 12th grade and are invaluable in preparing for life after high school. They practice for these defenses through regular exhibitions and in-class presentations. Our students say portfolio defense is the hardest thing they have ever done, and nothing has prepared them more for college. Read about our approach here.
The Senior Manager of Information Technology (IT) provides IT leadership and support to Envision Schools, Envision Learning Partners, and the support office across a broad range of IT issues. He/she partners with site teams to oversee the ongoing IT operations at all schools by ensuring implementation and maintenance of clear systems, policies, and procedures that allow all staff to focus on student outcomes. In addition to the key responsibilities outlined below, the Senior Manager effectively prioritizes multiple demands while maintaining a collegial work environment; works in a hands-on, fast-paced environment; and regularly uses strong organizational, problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills to exceed performance expectations. The Senior Manager supervises the site-based IT Tech I and II, interacts with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external, and attends and participates in organization-wide leadership team meetings.
Key Responsibilities: Information Technology Management
- Manages the operations of mission critical systems and technology platforms, including networking infrastructure, security, hardware, and software to ensure performance against metrics and budget.
- Manages organization-wide voice systems (Telephone/VOIP) with established vendors and recommends new options.
- Manages the deployment of technology support functions to staff and student users across the network.
- Updates and maintains policy, regulations, system standards, and operating procedures for the purchase and maintenance of computers, peripherals, and audiovisual equipment. Tracks inventory of computers, peripherals, and audiovisual equipment.
- Updates and maintains policy, regulations, system standards, and operating procedures for the purchase and maintenance of mission-critical software and licenses. Tracks inventory of software and licenses in collaboration with other teams and departments.
- Updates and maintains internal policy, regulations, system standards, and operating procedures in compliance with CIPA, FERPA, and all state and federal laws and policies as they apply to technology in public schools.
- Partners with COO and IT team to regularly update long-term technology plan and create new policies and procedures as needed.
Key Responsibilities: Information Technology Team Leadership
- Manages the IT team members towards the implementation of goals, including encouraging the team to seek and share diverse perspectives to inform decision-making and planning.
- Establishes department-level performance expectations; ensures team members set performance goals and strive for continuous improvement.
- Delegates work effectively and holds team members accountable for completing work accurately, efficiently, and on time.
- Evaluates the performance of team members and provides needs-based coaching, including modeling effective issue-resolution and communication with Envision staff across the network.
- Hires, on-boards, and trains new IT team staff.
- Collaborate with site-based and network leaders to evaluate proposed technological solutions to address major instructional priorities.
- Oversee vendors responsible for securing funding for network infrastructure.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned by supervisor
- This position requires the employee to be able to complete the following physical tasks.
- The ability to move, transport and position boxes and other heavy objects up to 60lbs.
- The ability to position oneself in tight and small spaces.
- The ability to ascend and work atop ladders and in high spaces
- The ability to spend long amounts of time using a computer, sitting, and standing.
- Envision Education may assign or reassign additional responsibilities requiring physical duties as needed.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Envision Education
- Commitment to anti-racist and pro-black idealogies in the workplace.
- 5+ years of experience, some supervisory experience desired.
- BA or BS preferred, may be substituted for experience.
- Organizational technology experience required, ideally within the educational sector.
COMPENSATION: The starting salary range for this position is $75k - $85k. Salary and benefits are competitive and based on experience.
Excellent Benefits Package
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
TO APPLY: Please submit your application, including a thoughtful cover letter at Envision Careers
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe deeply in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all people. Envision recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and the many other characteristics that make us diverse.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert