Senior Director, Digital Products
Peer Health Exchange
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Strategic Planning
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 94607
Country: United States
Peer Health Exchange's mission is to empower young people with the knowledge, skills, and resources to make healthy decisions. We do this by training college students to teach a skills-based health curriculum in under-resourced high schools across the country.
Peer Health Exchange (PHE) is a national non-profit organization that empowers young people with the knowledge, skills, and resources to make healthy decisions. We do this by training college students to teach a robust skills-based health curriculum in under-resourced high schools across the country. Since our founding in 2003, we have trained more than 8,500 college student volunteers to deliver effective health education to over 115,000 public high school students in Boston, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, the San Francisco Bay Area, Stockton, and Washington, DC. In 2016, PHE launched a five-year strategic plan focused on growing our effective model while partnering with health and education systems, as well as communities to build a more integrated, sustainable model for health education. You will be joining an incredibly passionate, collaborative, and committed team working together towards our vision of advancing health equity.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, we are accelerating our plans to convert our in-person program into a virtual program. As the Senior Director, Digital Products, you will be responsible for strategizing, building, and implementing the program technology needs of the organization. Your work will support our shift to virtual programming, along with our efforts to grow and scale. Additionally, you build the Strategic Technology team and help drive PHE’s work to include a digitally delivered impact model. You will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Do you aspire to show up for young people each day? Are you a bold thinker and inclusive collaborator? Does authentic communication and honest feedback help you continuously learn and grow? Do you find the joy in both the journey and the results?
Yes? Here’s what you should know:
This is a, full-time, salaried position located in any of our PHE offices: Boston, MA, San Francisco, CA, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, or Los Angeles, CA. This position requires minimal travel (max 1-2 times a year).
Here’s what you will do as part of our team:
Strategic Vision and Annual Plans to Create virtual communities and Scale PHE’s Impact through Digitally Delivered Models
- Apply design thinking and center user experience to develop PHE’s long-term strategic technology vision and annual plans in alignment with PHE’s strategic priorities, specifically with an eye to integration of potential text-based and LMS-based strategies into our impact model
- Develop, execute, manage budgets, and document against this vision by setting clear annual objectives and expectations, in partnership with other key stakeholders, to meet performance targets (e.g., financial targets, audience growth targets, etc.)
- Establish, track, and report on key metrics to effectively measure and analyze the progress and performance of all strategic tech initiatives and efforts, in partnership with the Marketing & Communications and Programs & Strategic Learning teams
Collaboration Across Internal Teams and External Vendors
- Drive dialog and project management with senior leadership, internal design teams, external vendors, and program management to deliver integrated services that support achievement of our growth and scale virtual strategies
- Support change management and adoption of technology-related processes, tools and services, including driving fast-paced, inclusive decision-making and development of collaborative ways of working
- Serve as the Strategic Technology liaison to all other national and local team leads, and to the National Board and Technology Board Committee, as well as external partners and vendors
Day-to-Day Strategic Program Technology Operations
- Oversees the day-to-day operations, maintenance, and performance measurement of PHE’s website, Salesforce, Autopilot, Google, and Qualtrics (as well as any others developed to drive growth and scale initiatives, such as an LMS)
- Manages specified OKRs and collect data/feedback on digital performance against business goals
Staff Leadership and Management
- As an organizational leader exemplify a commitment and alignment with PHE’s vision for health equity, mission, and core values and hold direct reports accountable for leading within their Team
- Build the Strategic Technology team, aligned with organizational scale plans and resources
- Onboard, manage, and develop direct report(s) and consultant(s) to a sustained high level of performance through coaching, mentorship, etc. to ensure that they are constantly acquiring new skills, as well as enhancing and growing their current skills
- Exemplify to PHE’s core values and advance PHE’s vision for health equity in all aspects of our work, internally and externally
What you'll bring to the table:
- Demonstrate a strong passion for PHE’s mission to empower young people with the knowledge, skills, and resources to make healthy decisions; strong alignment with PHE’s core values of Health, Equity, Agency, Communication, and Impact
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology OR a related field, and at least seven (7) years of professional experience developing and leading large-scale technology projects in Product Management, Digital, E-Commerce, IT, and/or Digital Marketing
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional technical management experience working some/all of the following areas:
- Prototyping and maintaining web-based applications and systems, such as: Autopilot, Google, etc.
- Designing and implementing a learning management system (LMS) across multiple divisions within a medium-to-large sized organization
- Salesforce CRM management and expansion, including planning, creating and implementing customized deployment
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to engage and lead individuals across various teams with diverse and non-aligned priorities
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent at building relationships with individuals across the organization to better assess and prioritize needs
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to evaluate and anticipate challenges and proactively communicate management protocols as needed
- Experience with designing or refining programs specifically for efficiency and scale
- Experience in evaluation
- Customer development and implementation/account management experience, and experience in direct sales or fundraising a plus especially with K-12 schools and/or districts and colleges
- Master’s degree in relevant field (e.g., Public Health, Education)
$100k - 120k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Your turn! We’d like to learn about you.
Please submit your resume and cover letter telling what makes you uniquely qualified and your vision of this role!
Looking for more information about our awesome benefits, salary and more? Visit us at www.peerhealthexchange.org and check us out on Glassdoor!
At Peer Health Exchange, we celebrate difference and are committed to providing equitable opportunities, addressing the effects of power and privilege. PHE is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, physical disability, veteran status or length of time spent unemployed. We want to empower people to change lives!
Note: Peer Health Exchange reserves the right to add additional duties, as needed. All Peer Health Exchange employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert