Program Director, Business Ventures
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Higher Education
Postal code: 02215
Country: United States
[email protected] enables BU Terriers to become drivers of innovation in their own lives, careers, and communities. [email protected]’s core activities are to:
- Provide experiential learning programs that foster an entrepreneurial mindset by teaching innovation, communication, and collaboration skills through the BUild Lab IDG Capital Student Innovation Center, enabling students and alumni to address local and global challenges.
- Create a University minor in Innovation and Entrepreneurship available to undergraduates at any school at BU. Embedding innovation and entrepreneurial principles in our curricula is critical to preparing students to craft their own future opportunities.
- Engage faculty in focused research to identify best practices that can support the Boston innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem and establish the University as a thought-leader in these fields.
- Nurture, grow, and amplify the innovation and entrepreneurial activities happening across the University.
- Be a responsible and contributing member of the Boston innovation and entrepreneurship community
- [email protected] serves the BU community across all Schools, Colleges, and disciplines.
The BUild Lab IDG Capital Student Innovation Center at Boston University provides a variety of signature programs that foster an entrepreneurial mindset and help students turn their ideas into something real. It is also a coworking space for new ventures and collaborative projects.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the BUild Lab, the Program Director, Business Ventures is an integral part of the BUild Lab team. The role combines strategy and program development, hands-on implementation, and student coaching. He/She will work with the Program Director, Social Impact and Managing Director of the BUild Lab to strategize, design, and implement programming and student support to create a vibrant innovation community at BU and help students develop their innovation skills and entrepreneurial mindset. Examples of programming and student support include venture incubation programs, 1:1 coaching, workshops, large-scale speaker events, challenges/hackathons, etc.
- Develop programming strategy, design, implement and manage high-impact programming to inspire innovation, help undergraduate and graduate students develop their innovation skills and entrepreneurial mindset, and foster a vibrant innovation community at the university
- Provide innovation skills and entrepreneurial mindset coaching to students who are developing new ideas and early-stage ventures
- Develop and improve program processes and system
- Cultivate relationships and collaborate with internal stakeholders at the university to further BUild Lab’s mission; work with alumni, external experts and stakeholders, and ecosystem partners
- Help create a delightful BUild Lab experience for students
- Supervise interns and student employees as appropriate
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experiences, such as entrepreneurial/startup experiences, innovation training design and facilitation, business strategy and operations, program/solution design, program management, etc.
- Understanding of the innovation process and finance, and exposure to the local innovation ecosystem
- Excellent project management, communication, presentation, and event management skills
- Energetic, empathetic, and able to connect with and coach undergraduate and graduate level students
- Experience with data gathering and analysis; ability to work with technologies and systems and learn new systems quickly
- Ability to work well with stakeholders and build relationships
- Experience in healthcare, technology, or creative industries, exposure to navigating startup funding, and experience in event planning, are pluses
- Graduate degree preferred but not required
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to the posting on the BU Careers website: https://bit.ly/bubizventures
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert