Denver Tennis Park
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Recreation/Sports
Postal code: 80210
Country: United States
Denver Tennis Park's mission is to serve all kids and the whole kid. We believe in the power of physical and mental fitness to change lives. The Executive Director will provide mission-driven leadership of the Denver Tennis Park, a nonprofit 501c3 organization founded in 2017.
Denver Tennis Park’s mission is to serve all kids and the whole kid. We believe in the power of physical and mental fitness to change lives.
The Executive Director will provide mission-driven leadership of the Denver Tennis Park, a nonprofit 501c3 organization founded in 2017. The ideal candidate demonstrates a commitment to promoting equitable access for all youth, enthusiasm for cultivating an effective team, and proven entrepreneurial skills to foster a thriving youth-centered enterprise. In this role, success entails building innovative and inclusive programming as well as proactive engagement with diverse stakeholders, including Denver Public Schools, the University of Denver, and the general public.
- Vision and strategy: With staff and board of directors, set and achieve clearly defined goals by effectively organizing and prioritizing resources to achieve them
- Team leadership and culture: Build, manage and develop a talented and diverse staff; create a collaborative mission-driven culture where excellence, a strong work ethic, and team-work are encouraged and rewarded
- Innovative Programs: Ensure DTP conducts inclusive, accessible and financially sustainable developmental programs for youth (3-5th, middle, and high school); grow participation of underserved youth onsite and offsite
- Partnership development: In service of the mission, deepen value-added relationships with primary stakeholders,, local and national mission-aligned organizations and philanthropic resources
- Operations management: Oversee stewardship of day-to-day operations and facilities by staff; ensure sound practices and policies promote an excellent culture and safe experience for all
- Resource development: Meet DTP’s annual programmatic and financial goals; manage and grow funding relationships with individuals, corporations, and foundations; optimize facility usage and generate revenue from diverse sources
- Financial management: Cultivate long-range financial success. Establish effective risk management policies and use best practices to develop forecasts and budgets; ensure proper reporting and comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Community relations: Represent the DTP, proactively build awareness of mission, programs, and impact
- Bachelor’s degree
- Significant experience in senior leadership roles at a youth-serving organization, having demonstrated proficiency in many or all of the above areas of responsibility
- Proven financial management and fundraising acumen
- Experience managing diverse partnerships across nonprofit, philanthropic, education and corporate sectors
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and facility with technology
Important Personal Attributes
Please upload a cover letter* and resume here. Denver Tennis Park is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about the Denver Tennis Park, please visit www.denvertennispark.org
- Presence as a leader with evident passion and commitment to serving all youth
- Integrity, enthusiasm, and an exemplary work ethic
- Collaborative and inclusive leadership style
- Positive attitude with an innate ability to devise creative solutions
*In your cover letter, please share specifically why you are drawn to DTP's mission.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Posted By: LeaderFit
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert