Senior Manager, Budgeting and Forecasting
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 20190
Country: United States
The Internet Society (ISOC) is the world’s trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards, and future development. Based on its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society works with its members and chapters around the world to promote the continued evolution and growth of the open Internet through dialog among companies, governments, and other organizations around the world.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance and Corporate Reporting, the Senior Manager, Budgeting and Forecasting provides support to activities required to effectively manage budgeting and monitoring spending for the Internet Society. This role is responsible for managing the budgeting, forecasting, internal financial reporting, and analysis of financial results.
Location: Ideal location Reston, Virginia but open to remote.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the annual budgeting process to ensure budgets are developed accurately and promptly.
- Manage the forecasting process to ensure that the current year financial forecast accurately reflects actual results and expectations.
- Play a leading role in defining and developing budget and forecast models, processes, timelines, training, and presentations.
- Support the budget owners on financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting for all existing programs, operations, and approved strategic action plans.
- Analyze and explain programs and operations’ financial results, and provide continuous support and advice to the budget owners.
- Research the cause of variances to budget and ensure the senior leadership is well apprised.
- Communicate key insights and budget management best practices, and proactively make recommendations to senior leadership.
- Collaborate closely with the Accounting team to ensure the internal financial reports for budget owners, senior leadership, and the Board of Trustees are generated accurately and promptly.
- Collaborate closely with the Financial Systems team in optimizing the use of financial systems for budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and financial analysis.
- Oversee the Budgeting and Forecasting team in analyzing and monitoring the actual vs. budgeted financial results to ensure the organization’s spending is on track with the budget.
- Supervise and lead one staff in Budgeting & Forecasting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance with 7 to 10 years of experience in accounting/finance fields.
- Active Certified Public Accountant license preferred.
- Excellent computer skills; advance MS Excel skills and proficiency with accounting, budgeting, and forecasting software.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting standards, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prior experiences of budgeting and forecasting for a global non-profit organization preferred.
- Solid reporting and presentation skills preferred.
- Previous management experience strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Must be proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced, global environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines required.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel when needed.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Those interested apply here
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert