Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Arts, Culture and Humanities
Postal code: 02903
State: Rhode Island
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
FirstWorks enriches the social, educational and economic fabric of Rhode Island by engaging diverse audiences with world-class performing arts experiences.
FirstWorks is a non-profit arts organization based in Providence, Rhode Island that enriches the vitality of our community by engaging diverse audiences with world-class performing arts and education programs. Our cultural initiatives catalyze partnerships that foster equitable access to the arts.
As the premiere multi-disciplinary performing arts curator in Rhode Island, FirstWorks produces a live/virtual season of performances and education program. We are the proud Founding Partner of PVDFest, Providence’s signature cultural celebration.
Now in our 17th season, FirstWorks seeks a mission-driven, detail-oriented individual with a multi-dimensional skill set to serve as Senior Director (SD).
Reporting to the Executive Artistic Director, the SD will serve both internal and external functions, providing overall administrative management and oversight. The scope of responsibility includes development, operational planning, communications, and fiscal/technology management.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Start Date: September 2020.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health & dental care and vacation. FirstWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workplace. Women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Administrative management aligning staff efforts, internal systems, and accountability
- Project-manage and drive forward FirstWorks strategies, initiatives and operations
- Create and monitor organizational implementation plans, adherence to deadlines, and metrics
- Manage board and committee meetings, preparing reports and presentations
- Manage human resources
- Strengthen relationships with partners across sectors, including funders
- Create pitches and proposals for donors, partners, and prospects, grant-writing as needed
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive fundraising strategy, including sponsorship, grants, and individual giving
- Cultivate potential funding sources and current donor relations
- Manage and make improvements to CRM database, creating records and utilizing system capabilities
The successful candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills and will be highly organized and effective at managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably with 3 or more years comparable work experience
- Excellent writer, creative and strategic thinker with ability to clearly articulate organizational mission, programs, and present FirstWorks in a compelling and effective manner
- Experience with budget development, management and reporting
- Ability to prioritize tasks, analyze data, solve problems, think critically and create and improve organizational systems
- Knowledge of non-profit arts/education and commitment to FirstWorks mission and core values: Diversity-Equity-Inclusivity, artistic excellence, partnership, and social impact
- Enthusiasm for and willingness to staff FirstWorks events and programs
- Proficiency in databases (SalesForce/Patron Manager) an advantage
- Ability to create positive, long-term relationships by demonstrating a commitment to collaboration and consistently exhibiting tact, integrity, and diplomacy
- Self-motivated with ability work independently and as part of a team
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- 1 to 3 work/writing samples
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert