Tech Policy, Managing Senior Fellow
R Street Institute
Are you a forward thinker? Are you inspired by a dynamic work environment and passionate, well-reasoned peers? Are you committed to free markets and real solutions? If you answer an unequivocal yes, then we need you as ourTechnology Policy Managing Senior Fellowto manage and build an exceptional team and lead important work in issue areas such as privacy, antitrust, telecommunications, emerging technologies and online content moderation. If you want to join an energetic organization and do something extraordinary, this may be just the opportunity for you.
Depending on your area of expertise, your typical day at R Street may include finishing an op-ed on the impact a proposed competition law could have on U.S. technology firms, providing guidance on a junior staffer’s policy analysis, helping an analyst scope out a research project on data privacy, or consulting with a congressional staffer on an upcoming AI hearing.
Other Aspects of Your Role:
- Build, manage and coach a team of research fellows, analysts and associates
- Help conceive and oversee research projects that are high quality, highly credible and timely
- Adapt policy, engagement and communication strategy in a quick-changing legislative and regulatory landscape
- Work with government affairs and communications teams to identify and consistently engage with target audiences
- Write a mix of op-eds, regulatory comments, amicus briefs and policy papers to help Collaborate with internal and external scholars to move the policy conversation forward
- Attend and speak at events and convenings (virtual until further notice)
For the duration of COVID-19-related closures, our staff will work remotely. This position, however, is based in Washington, D.C., and post-pandemic, will require spending some amount of time in our D.C. office and on Capitol Hill.
R Street strives to provide a compensation package superior to those at other think tanks and nonprofits. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a health insurance option entirely paid by the employer (even for families); a wellness benefit (how many other employers give you money for a monthly massage?); an employer-subsidized mobile phones benefit; 401(k) contributions with up to a four percent match; and an exceptionally generous vacation policy. We were named in Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work List and take pride in providing an exceptional environment for our employees.
R Street does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, era of military service, gender identity, relationship structure or anything else that's illegal, immoral or stupid to use as a basis for hiring.