Director of Advising and Growth - PelotonU
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 78752
Country: United States
PelotonU is an innovative social enterprise tackling the college completion crisis for working adults because students who would benefit most from a college degree have the hardest time graduating. When life is full with work and family working adults have a 16% chance, at best, of earning a bachelor’s. For these same students, we built a path that offers them an 80% chance of graduating.
We’ve learned how to serve these students, but they’re tough to find. While there’s over 250,000 folks in Central Texas who started college and haven’t graduated, they aren’t necessarily looking to go back. Historically, only referrals from trusted sources have convinced prospective students that it’s not too late and PelotonU can help them reach their academic goals.
In 2019, we exceeded our enrollment goal for the first time in our history; we enrolled 89 students, compared to the 45 annually in years prior. 2020 has been bumpy, and we’re looking for someone who can find new leads, strengthen existing partnerships, and improve upon proven campaigns. PelotonU is one of the leaders in our field, and the lessons we learn also help programs in other cities improve their existing practices.
You are a leader who excels when given full autonomy and a complex challenge to solve. Given the right puzzle, you think about it in the shower and in traffic - in fact, while you read this, you’re already thinking about new strategies PelotonU could pursue to find prospective students this year. If that’s you, here are the details:
Your First Mission:
Build the plan to increase enrollment 30% YOY in 2021.
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Craft a strategy to grow enrollment while connecting students with a better fit when we’re not the right path.
- Set and achieve annual goals for leads, conversions, and enrollments from referrals and direct inquiries.
- Design, run, and refine annual campaigns tailored to engage different stakeholders.
- Test lead generation strategies while using findings to inform and refine customer acquisition costs.
- Collaborate on strategy with the leadership team.
- Lead a team to success without sacrificing deep care for them or prospective students.
Traits and Skills That Set You Apart:
- You are an experienced, strategic and innovative recruiter who has a track record of meeting ambitious recruitment targets.
- You get energized by problem solving and figuring out solutions.
- You’re in it for the impact on people’s lives- we are a mission-driven organization. Students always come first.
- You get excited running tests until you find what works and using data to inform continuous improvement.
- You enjoy building a detailed and predictable sales forecast to track monthly and annual enrollment goals.
- You excel in managing simultaneous projects without missing the details or needing supervision from your boss.
- You are biased toward action. You like to chart a course, figure out how to get there, then improve your process.
- You care deeply about equity and systems change.
Nitty Gritty Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree; if you’re advocating for the transformative power of a college education, we think it’s important you’ve gone through that experience.
- At least five years of experience in recruitment, with at least two years experience leading strategy and teams that exceed KPIs.
- Preference for someone based in Austin.
A Few Good Reasons to Join the Team:
- Compensation from $55,000 based on experience.
- High autonomy, flexible schedule and healthy time off.
- Join an org and team that takes culture, celebration, inclusion and transparency very seriously.
- Opportunity to build a meaningful network both in Austin and nationwide.
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To learn more or to apply with your resume and cover letter please click here.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert