FirstWorks is a non-profit arts organization based in Providence, Rhode Island that enriches the vitality of our community by engaging diverse audiences with world-class performing arts and education programs. Our cultural initiatives catalyze partnerships that foster equitable access to the arts.
As the premiere multi-disciplinary performing arts curator in Rhode Island, FirstWorks produces a live/virtual season of performances and an education program to provide access to the arts for low-income Rhode Island students. We are the proud Founding Partner of PVDFest, Providence’s signature cultural celebration.
The Fundraising Operations Assistant (FOA) assures the smooth operation of FirstWorks development team. Vital to the work of the organization, the FOA must be highly organized, self-motivated, and responsive to changing priorities. The FOA manages operational logistics from the mundane to the meaningful, providing broad support for Development. The FOA reports to the Development Coordinator.
This is a part-time permanent hourly position, though full-time applicants may be considered. Occasional evenings and weekends based on the season schedule. Rate: $14/hr.
FirstWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workplace. Women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• Create, maintain, and run reports on donor records and audience history
• Support to annual campaign and donor cultivation and special events
• Assist with grant reporting and other communications
• Work closely with team to improve and manage CRM Database systems including reporting
• Gift and data processing
• Accurately and regularly enter all gifts and pledges into Patron Manager
• Produce acknowledgment letters and manage regular updates to letter templates
• Prepare and send monthly pledge reminders and year-end tax letters to donors
• Provide general administrative support, including scheduling, note-taking, event logistics support, donor calls, assistance with mailings, and other tasks as needed
• Compile, enter, and analyze data and feedback from Education and other programs
• Assist with data cleanup and edits to constituent records
• Attend FirstWorks events to support front of house and production needs for live and virtual programs