Member Development Manager
Center for Higher Ambition Leadership
Position Type: Part-Time (Paid)
Function: Business Development
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 01773
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
Help us launch a revolution. The Center for Higher Ambition Leadership (CHL) is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to developing and supporting a growing community of CEOs and next generation leaders who believe that there is a better way for businesses to operate-- better economically and better for the world. Higher Ambition leaders are committed to demonstrating that the most powerful way for businesses to ‘do well’ (achieve long term financial success) is to ‘do good’ (create real value for all of their stakeholders). The Center’s membership includes a committed core of purpose-driven organizations and we are poised for rapid growth.
We also believe that CHL itself needs to embody the best of what it means to be a higher ambition organization. We judge ourselves not just by our success in transforming the paradigm and practice of management, but also by our ability to create an environment that will allow you to grow and thrive as a leader.
The Member Development Manager will play a critical role in enabling the Center to fulfill its mission by helping to build membership. He/she will partner with the CHL leadership team, Board members and Executive Fellows to identify, connect with and engage new member organizations. The Member Development Manager will manage all phases of the pipeline including sourcing, tracking, enabling and engaging in outreach and understanding prospective member needs. The Member Development Manager will also be charged with fully understanding CHL programs and offerings and identifying how members can best leverage those opportunities.
Principal responsibilities for this position include:
- Managing all phases of the member development process
- Identifying candidates for membership, including relationships of our Board members, Executive Fellows and current CHL member CEOs as well as other lead sources
- Researching prospective members to understand history and context
- Preparing communications to engage prospective members
- Ensuring prospective members are invited to CHL events and coordinating follow up afterward
- Identifying steps to move prospective members through the process ultimately to membership
- Developing and maintaining a disciplined process and system to track prospective member relationship status and suggesting improvements to the process as needed.
- Partnering with CHL leadership, Board members and Executive Fellows in
- Planning, executing and participating in meetings with prospective members
- Communicating the mission/benefits of the organization to leaders at prospective member companies
- Identifying how prospective member needs can be served through CHL programs and events as well as custom offerings
- Drafting account plans and executing on those plans
Over time, this opportunity can expand to include broader responsibilities. We are a young organization experiencing strong growth – come grow with us.
This is a project-based position with flexible hours (~24-30 hours per week) for 3-4 months, with the possibility of becoming permanent (and even full time) after that.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience (e.g., strategy consulting, business development, entrepreneurial non-profit management, consultative sales or related)
- Comfort with and some experience communicating with business executives
- Demonstrated track-record of building strong relationships
- Strategic, analytic thinker
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team player
- Structured and well organized
- Inspired by and eager to engage in CHL’s mission
- Self-starter; able to take initiative in the face of ambiguity, create alignment of key constituencies and drive to action
- Knowledge of or experience in Leadership Development a plus
- Fluent working in Microsoft suite (Office 365, Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Experienced in or willing to learn to work in Salesforce
- Willingness to travel on an occasional basis (not currently, but over time)
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert