Manager, Postsecondary Success
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: NEW YORK
Postal code: 10036
State: New York
Country: United States
KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 256 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating more than 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students.
The KTC Manager, Postsecondary Success will work closely with the Senior Manager of Postsecondary Innovation and Equity, the national KIPP Through College (KTC) team, and regions to increase the college persistence and completion rates of KIPP alumni. This person will lead the training and professional development of the KTC network related to postsecondary success, with an emphasis on driving year over year college persistence rates across the KIPP network. Working collaboratively across KF departments and with KTC regions, the Manager will plan and execute both in-person and remote training opportunities and identify and create resources to ensure KTC teams have the knowledge, skills and tools they need to drive college and postsecondary training completion. The Manager will act as Business Owner for most postsecondary technology products, ensuring that regions have the tools and data they need to support insight-driven alumni advising. The Manager will also support innovative pilot programs designed to help us build a more scalable and financially sustainable postsecondary support model.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
· Provide professional development and training for KTC postsecondary teams: Work across KF departments and with regions to plan, develop and deliver remote and in-person training for KTC Managing Directors (MDs) and their persistence teams. Lead regular communications to MDs and persistence teams highlighting persistence resources and reminding teams of upcoming deadlines.
· Coach KTC postsecondary teams and lead communities of practice: Manage one or more KTC communities of practice related to postsecondary support, facilitating peer learning. Lead monthly coaching and progress-monitoring calls with select KTC regions.
· Lead postsecondary knowledge management: Surface from our regional network, refine, and/or create best-in-class student and advisor facing tools and resources to execute the postsecondary support work. Incorporate tools into postsecondary success communication and training. Work with knowledge strategy team to ensure storage and organization of resources.
· Act as Business Owner for postsecondary technology products and tools: Work closely across KF departments to improve existing postsecondary tools (such as the Strong Transition and Persistence dashboards) and, as needed, to support the design, testing and rolling out of new technology products (such as a potential national microgrant application).
· Support key innovation pilots aimed at improving the scalability of our postsecondary model: Act as a content lead for KIPP’s National Nudge project, working with regions and KF colleagues to shape our nudge texting objectives, scope and sequence for college persistence. Work with the Director of Postsecondary Success to develop and implement a technology-enabled national microgrant strategy. Future work could include new pilot programs not currently planned by the Foundation.
· Contribute to special projects: Support or lead special projects across the KIPP Through College team and broader organization, as needed. Facilitate or provide operations support at convenings and events. Provide cross-team support with initiatives that combine relevant or similar workstreams. Examples could include but are not limited to the following: strategic planning, alumni database testing, and KTC retreat support.
· Impact and Influence
· Cultural Competence
· Achievement Orientation
· Continuous Learning
· Planning & Execution
Strong emphasis will be placed on this individual’s demonstrated track record in leading and managing major, complex efforts requiring strong process and project management, as well as significant stakeholder engagement and management in fast-paced, dynamic, results-oriented team environments. The Foundation is seeking an individual with:
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and listening skills.
· An achievement orientation: self-directed and results-oriented, demonstrating initiative and follow-through and ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
· Strong project and process management skills: the ability to drive projects from inception to completion while managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
· Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills: comfort with ambiguity and an ability to break down complex problems.
· Solutions-orientation: excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Strong presentation skills: highly skilled in leading presentations and trainings to a diverse array of audiences.
· Effective coaching skills: ability to listen deeply to key stakeholders, understand and reflect back challenges, and guide individuals through a solutions-finding process.
· Experience or expertise in higher education, college access or success, and/or non-profit strategy. Preferred candidates will have had direct experience supporting young adults in the transition from high school to postsecondary education or training.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in an institution of higher education, secondary school/school system or a geographically dispersed nonprofit.
· Willingness to travel approximately 35% of time (note – KIPP staff members are not traveling for work during the COVID pandemic).
· Ability to model KIPP’s values at all times.
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter KIPP Careers. Application materials submitted via email will not be accepted.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert