Director of Development & Partnerships
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
City: New Orleans
Postal code: 70117
Country: United States
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have twelve centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
The Director of Development & Partnerships, College Track New Orleans will develop and manage an effective Partnerships and Development plan that achieves long-term sustainability for College Track New Orleans. This role will be responsible for maintaining and growing programmatic and philanthropic partners, including universities, colleges, corporations, foundations, and individuals. This role is accountable for identifying new partnerships that will expand opportunities for our students and alumni in the region; and, for growing the current portfolio of external partners and donors. Ultimately, this role will be responsible for leading and implementing a multi-faceted regional partnerships strategy, which will require best-in-class stewardship and cultivation of all College Track New Orleans external relationships. This role will report to the Senior Director of Development & Partnerships.
- Develop, implement and manage an effective partnership and development strategy that supports long-term fiscal and programmatic sustainability for College Track New Orleans.
- Manage, and steward relationships with a wide-range of external partners including—university, college, corporate, scholarship, foundation, and individual.
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with community and corporate partners tosupport internship placements and career success for our students and alumni.
- Oversee all activities related to the ongoing day-to-day fundraising efforts including implementation of our donor stewardship strategy, and detailed management of the Salesforce development database.
- Collaborate with the National Grants Management team to complete and submit proposals, reports, and other institutional funder requirements.
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the Director of Development & Partnerships must possess an authentic connection to College Track’s mission, and our vision for increasing educational and professional opportunities for our students and alumni.
In addition, candidates must demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Five years of cultivating and stewarding external partners—donors and educational institutions—for an educational nonprofit, school, or other entrepreneurial, high-performing organization.
- Proven track record of managing and growing a $300,000-$500,000 portfolio, with extensive knowledge of New Orleans’ higher education landscape and philanthropic community.
- Exceptional networking and relationship management skills, with a demonstrated history of stewarding partnerships from transactional to transformational.
- Strong project management skills and experience working across departments and teams to implement a successful partnerships strategy.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with a growth mindset; committed to building positive, solutions-oriented internal and external relationships.
- High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills—inspiring, eloquent, and persuasive.
- Highly skilled at change management; comfortable with ambiguity, yet effective at driving towards clarity and achieving results.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply on our website!
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert