Senior Director Fundraising
Friends of Teach for India
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10004
State: New York
Country: United States
Friends of Teach For India (FTFI) is a US based non-profit with the goal of erasing educational inequity in India. FTFI provides support via grants to educational charities such as Teach for India, to further its mission of educating all children in India, regardless of their circumstances.
The Senior Director Fundraising will report to the Chair of the Board of Directors of FTFI. She or he will work closely with the FTFI Board to lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive organizational fundraising strategy in the US, including individual major gift donors, virtual or in-person event-based fundraising and institutional giving, and will coordinate with the development team at TFI, and the TFI alumni and volunteers in the United States for advancement of FTFI. This role is entrepreneurial and the Senior Director will help create a larger FTFI board, as well as focus on identifying, converting and upgrading donor relationships to meet the short and long-term goals of FTFI.
- Develop a comprehensive individual giving and engagement program to cultivate, solicit and steward high net worth individuals, as well as foundations and corporates, especially at the leadership level.
- Organize and mobilize resources and processes needed to build a pipeline of prospective donors.
- Support efforts to build the FTFI Board of Directors through strategic introductions and stewardship.
- Educate and train board members in donor cultivation and fundraising techniques, helping them identify, cultivate and engage HNI donors.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program to cultivate deeper ties with donors, including in-person and virtual cultivation events such as seminars and advisory board events, and regular personalized communication.
- Maximize FTFI’s fundraising opportunities by creating or coordinating marketing messages, virtual and in-person classroom visits at TFI schools, and other outreach events.
- Engage TFI alumni and volunteers in US more fully in philanthropy as donors and brand ambassadors.
- Coordinate with the Board to plan and manage an annual budget for FTFI.
- Create proposals, reports, and letters to foundation donors and prospects for a broad range of initiatives aligned with FTFI’s mission.
- Source and manage all existing and new vendor relations, not limited to bookkeeping, taxes, auditing, database software, and Directors and Operators Insurance.
- Compliance: Remain compliant with all IRS and state registrations, certifications, and annual filings.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts through FTFI’s website along with all third-party donation websites, including Network For Good and Benevity. Send monthly updates to board members, and current and future donors.
- Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity to achieve revenue goals.
- Plan and execute monthly in-person or virtual Board meetings; give weekly updates to Board Chair.
Who are we looking for? A highly motivated fundraiser who has a track record in helping build a non-profit with a minimum of 3 years of full time experience in a leadership role. The candidate should have a clear passion for FTFI’s mission, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be an organized team player with strong execution abilities. While the candidate does not need to be of Indian origin, knowledge of India and a passion towards education equity in India is highly desirable.
- Knowledge: Proven track record of cultivating, soliciting and stewarding HNIs with at least 3-5 years of experience in fundraising using multiple fundraising strategies.
- Competencies: Comfort working alone or in a small team in an entrepreneurial setting. Proficiency in MS Office and database management software such as Bloomerang and/or Salesforce.
- Eligibility: Graduate degree preferred, authorized to work in the US, and an ability to work non-traditional hours while collaborating with Teach for India team in India.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and list of two references to [email protected]. Please be sure to emphasize previous fundraising experience, including dollar amounts and your particular role in securing them.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert