Milllionair Club Charity
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Employment
Postal code: 98121
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Millionair Club Charity is on a mission to provide dignified jobs and job-readiness services to people experiencing poverty and homelessness in the Puget Sound Region. Our time-tested temporary staffing operation provides motivated workers to hundreds of employers across a wide variety of industries, including stadium hospitality, landscaping, litter abatement/sanitation, food service, warehouse, and more. Millionair Club Charity serves upwards of 1,000 local men and women annually, more than 55% of whom self-identify as Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Color, and all of whom live below the national poverty level.
Millionair Club Charity has been deeply enmeshed in the history, culture and people of downtown Seattle for the past 100 years. It is set to rebrand in Fall 2020 and celebrate its centennial in Spring 2021. It’s an exciting time! In order to expand its reach and community leadership, Millionair Club Charity has welcomed Operation Sack Lunch (OSL) into their building, as well as the Downtown Seattle Metropolitan Improvement Team. These and other strategic partnerships are moving the organization forward as it evolves to best serve our community’s vulnerable populations through a continuum of life-stabilizing employment and social services.
As Executive Director, you will assume primary responsibility for achieving the mission of Millionair Club Charity (MCC). The MCC Guiding Principles will advise your key decisions for supporting beneficiaries, developing and conducting business, building relationships, hiring and managing staff and volunteers, and collaborating with partners.
Millionair Club Charity Guiding Principles:
· Focus on Results – Know your role, responsibilities, and expectations. Keep focused and stay action-oriented.
· Hold Yourself and Others Accountable - Be honest, trustworthy, and dependable. Expect a high level of integrity from your teammates as well.
· Celebrate Strengths and Build on Assets - Choose the teammate most appropriate for the job based on their skill set. Continue to grow your own professional skills, and know when to ask for help.
· Bring Your Best Self - Speak well of your teammates, always stay professional, practice emotional intelligence, and stay self-motivated to do your best.
· Encourage and Practice Teamwork - Keep the team’s goals ahead of individual goals. Engage in respectful dialogue and appreciate diverse ideas. Remember to laugh; let’s enjoy the time we spend working together.
· Aim Positively Toward the Future - Adopt a “Yes First” approach. This positive attitude encourages the sharing of ideas and the exploration of possibilities. Protect the Millionair Club Charity brand in all your endeavors and keep us moving forward.
The Board of Trustees is committed to hiring an inspirational leader with grounded business and nonprofit experience who will help shape the vision of this social venture for the next 100 years. As Executive Director, you will act as the organization’s chief storyteller of its history and torchbearer of its future, while also addressing the needs of the current socio-economic crisis and working to uplift a community in need.
FOCUS on RESULTS
Key results that the Board of Trustees and staff will look to you as Executive Director to achieve beginning Year One include:
- Build a 5-year strategic plan; work with the Board of Trustees to implement
- Analyze and improve a self-sustaining financial business model, allowing MCC to support an ever-greater number of beneficiaries
- Become the recognized and highly visible face of the organization, raising awareness of MCC and its new name/branding, its mission, good works and partnerships through your presence, speaking, writing and expanding relationships
- Seek out and develop collaborative relationships with new and existing partners from corporate, government and not-for-profit (NFP) organizations
- Using your connections and your ability and enthusiasm to develop new ones, broaden and deepen the commitment of MCC’s base of employers to hire MCC’s beneficiaries/workers, and of donors and partners.
- Develop and improve a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Create and implement a public education and engagement strategy
- Provide mission-focused and caring executive leadership to staff, creating a positive workplace where transparency, open communication and vetting of diverse ideas is the norm. Evaluate staff, review organizational structure and re-define roles, hiring, firing, developing and mentoring as needed. Report to and execute Board-approved strategies.
SKILLSET and QUALITIES
- Business Finance: Proven financial acumen and analytical skills; strong enough to evolve an Employment Social Enterprise model and run it sustainably
- Face of MCC: A trusted relationship builder, story-teller and torchbearer; able to talk easily with MCC beneficiaries and workers, staff, government officials and politicians, corporate executives and major donors. Your existing Seattle-area connections are a strong plus
- DEI: Illustrated ability to build a diverse and inclusive culture; to create and implement a public education and engagement strategy
- EQ: Demonstrated emotional intelligence (EQ) with an emphasis on empathy; a servant leader
- Passion: A contagious passion for the mission of MCC, and the energy, enthusiasm, connections and communication skills to actively engage others in it
- Communication: Naturally, transparently and consistently communicate with staff, Board of Trustees and key stakeholders; persuasive public speaker, articulate one-on-one communicator, and clear and compelling writer
- HR: Successful experience managing a team of people, assessing individuals and the needs of the organization. Hire, fire, develop, mentor and retain, as needed
- Strategic Vision and Leadership: Collaborate with leadership to refine and implement the new strategic direction while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with MCC's mission
- Board of Trustees: Report to the Board and its Committees on finances, opportunities, risks and any event that will or may impact the organization, its reputation, financial stability, beneficiaries or stakeholders. Support Board development as requested.
- Uplift: the proven technical, financial, communication and personal skills to manage the current NFP social enterprise (~$8M revenue pre-COVID), accompanied by the vision and bandwidth to lift the organization to realize more of its potential
REQUIREMENTS beyond stated skills and qualities
- Successful results produced in roles of ever-increasing breadth and responsibility in NFP, social enterprise, and/or in business with significant experience in the NFP sector as a volunteer
- Significant leadership role(s) managing a complex organization with people leadership and fiscal management responsibility
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent lived experience, preferably in business, NFP leadership, finance, social work
- Ability and willingness to attend evening meetings or functions as needed for networking and fundraising
- A Seattle-area resident; established relationships with relevant government, NFP, corporate, and donor networks preferred
- Unquestionable ethics; an all-around good person!
Millionair Club Charity offers a strong compensation package including a competitive base salary, 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for the employee, matched 403(b) pension plan, annual bonus opportunity, and paid vacation and sick leave.
The Millionair Club is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, the Millionair Club makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including compensation, benefits, advancement, transfers, and reductions in force.
$140k - 155k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
We at Human Securities Inc, an executive search and consulting firm, have been retained by the Board of Trustees of Millionair Club Charity to consult with them in the search for the new Executive Director. Please contact us directly with questions. Click here to see the full position profile. To Apply: send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with MCC ED in subject line.
Posted By: Human Securities, Inc
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert