Manager of Strategy and Compliance
Teach For America
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94102
Country: United States
There are more than 16 million children growing up in poverty in the U.S., and less than 10 percent of them will graduate from college. These statistics are not a reflection of our children’s potential; we know that children growing up in poverty can and do achieve at the highest levels. Rather, these statistics reflect the systemic lack of access and opportunity for children in low-income communities.
Teach For America’s (TFA) mission is to find, develop, and support a diverse network of leaders committed to expanding opportunity for children from classrooms, schools, and every sector and field that shapes the broader systems in which schools operate. We are seeking individuals who align with our mission, core values and commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusiveness and are ready to join us in this global movement.
TEAM: Bay Area Finance Data and Strategy Team (FDS)
Reports to: Managing Director, Strategy, Data and Finance
Location: Bay Area (remote optional through FY21 given COVID-19)
Teach For America Bay Area seeks a Manager of Strategy & Compliance for our regional organization as a part Finance, Data, and Operations Team. Our Manager of Strategy & Compliance will report directly to our Managing Director of Strategy, Data, and Finance. In this role, your work will be essential to the function’s vision of working with a broad swath of internal and external stakeholders to administer our grants with compliance, and investing our broader regional team to spend resources strategically in order to advance our impact on students and schools. Specifically, you will be developing and managing several key work streams:
If you are an exceptional organizer of information, an analytical and strategic thinker, and a learner and relationship-builder who is motivated by organizational innovation, then this role is for you. The ideal candidate is able to add order and organization to the development of new operational systems and infrastructure; thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, goal-oriented environment; is able to build relationships with, invest others, and work across multiple stakeholders; is a team-member who operates and leads with a commitment to constant learning for self and others; and is someone who embodies flexibility and generosity alongside a drive towards achievement.
- A financial management infrastructure that tracks an evolving picture of both revenue and expenses and facilitates financial and operational decision making
- The grant administration infrastructure that enables our region to fulfill the programmatic and compliance commitments of our grants, including AmeriCorps and US Department of Education funding
- Expense-tracking, compliance auditing, and invoicing operations that enable us to draw-down on pre-committed restricted funding from public and private sources
- A performance and data management infrastructure that facilitates how we input, track, analyze, and report on our progress to goal towards key financial and grant management outcomes
- Two years of professional work experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in non-profit organizations or in program operations preferred.
- Prior experience working in or serving the movement for educational equity and excellence, or experience as an alumnus of Teach For America or as a classroom teacher is preferred.
Demands and Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Some prior experience with Salesforce is ideal but not required; comfort in learning and using new IT systems is required.
- Extreme attention to details and the ability to organize information with efficiency and usability for multiple users and purposes.
- Ability to navigate complex policies and procedures and invest others in them.
- Ability to cultivate relationships across the region and organization in order to seek continual input and feedback, and to invest others in organizational compliance, improvement, and innovation.
- Strong reasoning skills and the ability to make connections between previously unrelated notions and integrate findings into meaningful and actionable strategies or solutions.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, goal-oriented environment while also embodying flexibility, generosity, and a commitment to culture leadership and our core values.
- A commitment to continuously bettering oneself, team and organization by proactively and consistently seeking input and feedback from colleagues and incorporating these insights.
- Dedication to and consistent embodiment of Teach For America’s core values.
- Willingness and ability to participate, occasionally, in events that fall on nights and/or weekends. Openness to the possibility of overnight travel up to a few times per year.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested in this position? Apply now here: https://teachforamerica.secure.force.com/ts2__JobDetails?jobId=a0x3o000008FMIOAA4&tSource= If you still have questions regarding the role, feel free to contact our recruitment team at [email protected] or visit www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert