Professional Requirements (Skills & Qualifications)
In addition to the requirements below, College Possible staff and service members are expected to demonstrate the Idealistic Leader traits of Strive to be Delightful, Energize those in your Presence, Keep Your Eyes on the Prize, Challenge Cynicism, Moccasin the Lives of Others, Learn to be Grateful and Have Fun, as expressed in our organizational value statement and have a significant commitment to the mission of helping low-income students earn admission to college and persist toward degree completion.
Education/Certifications/Licenses: · Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred, with at least five years of related successful experience demonstrating progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
Related Work Experience:
· Strong management abilities with significant experience managing people and programs;
· Familiarity with college access and college success issues;
· Vision and demonstrated ability to develop, promote and deliver positive results;
· Proven ability to work with diverse populations;
· Proven record of facilitating collaboration and cooperation with organizations and the community.
· Strong computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
Other Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
· High energy with the proven ability to engage, inspire and motivate others;
· Passion for and demonstrated commitment to the College Possible mission and public service;
· Ability to recruit, select and train qualified individuals;
· Entrepreneurial skills and spirit, with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
· Ability to focus clearly on outcomes;
· Strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task;
· Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.