Director of Human Resources
Alameda County Community Food Bank
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Human Resources/Recruiting
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 94621
Country: United States
Alameda County Community Food Bank is a well-established and multi-faceted organization serving 1 in 5 Alameda County residents. We are first responders during disasters, including COVID-19. Our organization’s success is built on responsiveness to our community, bold decision-making, a culture of equity and inclusivity, and an environment that embraces innovative thinking to create a healthier, more prosperous and just community for all. The distribution of 40 million meals annually, through partnership with 200 community organizations, is the core of our efforts — which also include nationally-recognized advocacy and outreach efforts, nutrition and wellness, research, and partnerships in healthcare and education. We have received Charity Navigator’s top rating for 13 consecutive years, ranking us among the top 1 percent of charities nationwide. Please learn more about our efforts at www.accfb.org.
Are you an experienced human resources leader who wants to improve the lives of more than 300,000 Alameda County residents? Are you experienced in implementing and communicating a people strategy in line with business strategy and in a culture that values community, equity and inclusion? Do you want to apply your HR leadership experience to helping one of the Bay Area’s top non-profits — and a nationally recognized leader in hunger relief — achieve its mission? If so, you might be a perfect fit for Alameda County Community Food Bank.
The Director of Human Resources (DHR) is a key leader in a 110+ FTE growing organization. The DHR leads all aspects of human resources, serving on and collaborating with the senior leadership team. A compassionate manager of a team of 2.5 HR FTE’s, the DHR understands, communicates and consistently implements laws, policies and best practices to balance the needs of the organization and support of its staff. In addition, the DHR partners with the Director of Policy and Partnerships on our equity and inclusion work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 8-10 years of progressive HR experience, including a minimum of 3 years of experience at director level.
- 4 years of experience managing and developing an HR team of direct reports.
- Knowledge of all aspects of HR including talent acquisition and retention, organizational development, compensation, benefits, HRIS, training, performance management, employee relations, conflict resolution, coaching and facilitation.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment, wage and hour, and workers' compensation laws.
- Comfort and experience working with people from diverse racial, ethnic, socioeconomic and religious backgrounds.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative, trusting, and professional relationships. Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze problems, develop creative solutions, and positively influence the leadership team on HR issues.
- Knowledge of an experience managing health and welfare benefits.
- Experience developing and monitoring a budget.
- Experience conducting work-place investigations.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, HRIS).
- Strong mathematical and analytical ability to compile data, provide analysis and create reports.
- Intermediate-to-advanced public speaking and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to exercise confidentiality and sound judgement with minimal direction/guidance.
- Experience in a nonprofit environment with a variety of stakeholders and deeply rooted community values.
- Experience in implementing evolving HR technology including payroll, ATS and HRIS systems.
- Experience working in a small to mid-sized (50 - 250 employee) organization.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Asian language.
- SPHR/SPHR-CA or SHRM-SCP designation(s).
Personal Attributes and Values
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank's vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, innovation and diversity.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation toward constant innovation and process improvement.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting; service orientation for people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with a non-negotiable starting salary of $126,789. We offer an outstanding benefits package including:
- Medical: ACCFB pays 100% for employees and 93% for dependents for our Kaiser HMO. Buy-up options to Blue Shield HMO or PPO plans are available.
- Dental: 100% employer-paid for employees and their dependents
- Vision: Paid by employees.
- Paid time off starting at: 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 11 holidays, and four paid early closures annually.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending and Commuter Accounts
- Employer-paid life, AD&D & LTD insurance, as well as buy-up options for increased coverage.
- 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after one year. Fully vested at three years.
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and dependents.
- Free ongoing 1:1 financial coaching and access to an interest, service fee and credit requirement-free-short-term loan program after six-months on staff.
Alameda County Community Food Bank honors our differences and is committed to creating a workplace that celebrates and reflects the diversity of our Community. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
$120k - 140k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert