About Fresh is looking for a mission-oriented, strategic leader with experience managing finance and operations in a high-growth organization. A strategic thought partner to the CEO, the Director of Finance and Administration will lead the internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and IT.
The Director of Finance and Administration will play a critical role in partnering with our senior leadership team on strategic planning and operations as About Fresh continues to expand our programming and build organizational capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a high-impact organization.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO and Chief Program Officer; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team informed of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational accounting, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, cash management, and other accounting operations
- Responsible for organizational cash flow and financial forecasting.
- Work in collaboration with the leadership team to refine and strengthen budget management systems for tracking program expenses and reporting on organizational finances.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and controllers, and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Develop pricing model in alignment with organizational strategy for new Fresh Connect program.
- Ensure availability of equipment, staffing, and software systems to About Fresh team.
- Establish, communicate, and interpret HR policies and procedures, and ensure compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of employment legislation, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local law and regulation.
About Fresh actively fosters equity and inclusion through our programming, hiring practices, and organizational design to create a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and making decisions in service of our mission. About Fresh staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socioeconomic, gender, religious, and national identities—we value the depth this brings to carrying out our mission. About Fresh is an equal opportunity employer.
About Fresh Culture Code
Mission first - Our mission is our north star. It drives decision making, organizational strategy, program assessment, who we work with and how.
Implement intentionally - We carry out our mission deliberately because we know every decision we make impacts the experience of the people who matter to us.
Hustle with ❤️ - To deliver the best programs for our shoppers and partners we balance our diligence and hard work with empathy and flexibility.
We’ve got each other’s backs - This work is demanding which is why we go out of our way to take care of one another. From lending a hand lifting boxes to designing thoughtful HR policies we make sure everyone has the support they need to love coming to work every day.
Dream big with discipline - We have a big vision for the future of food and community health which is why we pursue our work with focused execution.
Learn and adapt - Change is inevitable, and we are not afraid of it (in fact, sometimes we push for it). We solve complex problems by staying committed to constant learning.