Press & Digital Analyst
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Research and Development
Primary domain: Research
Postal code: 20036
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Accountable.US is a watchdog organization that works to expose corruption in Washington and across the country to ensure policymakers are acting on behalf of the American people rather than special interests.
Position: Press & Digital Analyst
Location: Washington, D.C. or New York, New York
Status: Non-exempt; Full Time
Reports to: Digital Director
Launched in 2019, Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog group exposing corruption across all levels of government. Accountable.US seeks a Press & Digital Analyst to support its work toward accountability and transparency in government to root out corruption and malfeasance. He or she will be responsible for providing research support and capacity to Accountable.US’s numerous projects. The Press & Digital Analyst will assist with rapid response, media relations, and promotion of our hard-hitting research.
This position requires incredible attention to detail, solid written and verbal communication skills, social media savviness, and superior organizational abilities. The position is based in Washington, D.C. or New York City, though research projects may include travel on occasion. Some weekend work may be required. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are important.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
• Monitor media and live events.
• Flag stories and storylines on Twitter for team’s response.
• Draft digital content as needed to report to Digital Director.
• Manage team’s filing of press releases and products.
• Work as part of a team to produce research reports on government watchdog issues.
• Conduct news, internet, and database searches to inform these reports.
• Clearly report research findings to senior staff both orally and in written form.
• Attend in-person events on issues of importance to Accountable.US.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Experience in research or related field. This could include political advocacy, campaign or
public policy research, and/or experience on Capitol Hill or in government and may include internships;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Smart sound judgment and discerning eye;
• Ability to work independently and juggle competing priorities and strict deadlines;
• Proven track record for being a self-starter;
• Commitment to watchdog accountability; and
• Demonstrates an interest and ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Accountable.US is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Press and Digital Analyst” in the subject line.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert