Position Type: Part-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 10004
Country: United States
nXu is a non-profit organization whose mission is to catalyze and equip youth and adults to explore, articulate, and pursue their purpose.
Position: Curriculum Developer
Type: Consultant (Part-Time or Short-Term/Full-Time)
Duration: Initially through 12/31/20 with the possibility of an extension
nXu (www.nxueducation.org), is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to catalyze and equip youth and adults to explore, articulate, and pursue their purpose. Overseen by nationally recognized educators including the co-founders of Transcend Education, nXu has developed a research & evidence-based purpose development methodology, curriculum, and program model that can be deployed in-person, online, and on a blended basis. They offer a training program as well as a purpose development curriculum to schools, and they also directly implement programming both online and in person with students both in school and out of school. Here is a video about nXu (https://vimeo.com/251833392) and an article about nXu published by Transcend Education (https://www.transcendeducation.org/playlist-blog/ignite-purpose).
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We seek an exceptional Curriculum Developer to build on our existing purpose development curriculum by developing a purpose-to-career curriculum for upper high school and college-aged students. This curriculum will leverage a substantive portion of our existing curriculum but will require the development of new curriculum related to career exploration. The curriculum may initially be deployed as a credit-bearing higher-education course that will consist of 45 synchronous and 90 asynchronous hours. The ideal candidate has a sincere passion for curriculum development, thorough knowledge of career exploration programming & curriculum and an appreciation for purpose development. Moreover, this candidate possesses a deep understanding of how to create curricula that is resonant with high school and college students, particularly those from historically marginalized communities, and that can be implemented by educators in a wide range of teaching contexts.
We hope to start piloting the curriculum beginning in January 2021. We are open to working with someone full time or part time to help meet this milestone. Given the scope of work, anyone working part-time will need to allocate a minimum of 15 to 20 hours per week to this effort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a vision for how best to leverage core components of nXu’s existing purpose development curriculum and to build a career exploration curriculum anchored around purpose development. (Here is an overview of our existing purpose curriculum.)
- Research other career exploration curricula.
- Develop a detailed scope and sequence for the curriculum especially for the career exploration components.
- Create facilitator guides, student materials, and associated slide decks for each lesson using existing nXu curricular templates. (Here is an example of our lesson materials.)
- Seek input from nXu team members as well as from key external constituents with expertise in career exploration curriculum.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Candidates for this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Previous high school curriculum development experience, especially related to career exploration curriculum, that has been implemented by a wide range of educators in multiple educational contexts.
- Thorough knowledge of career exploration programming & curriculum and, ideally, connections to experts in this field.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Passion for curriculum development.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Experience seeking and integrating feedback from multiple constituents.
- Comfort working with a remote team, often independently.
- Concrete evidence of keen interest in, and exploration of, his or her self-development.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an interest in working in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping other people--especially teenagers--explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life.
- Bachelor’s degree required
nXu offers competitive compensation for this consulting role.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should apply at the website below.
nXu provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert