Senior Program Manager, Capacity Building
National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Community/Capacity Building
Postal code: 20003
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
The mission of the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a) is to build the capacity of our members so they can help older adults and people with disabilities live with dignity and choices in their homes and communities for as long as possible. n4a is a 501(c)(3) membership association representing America’s national network of 622 Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) and providing a voice in the nation’s capital for the 256 Title VI Native American aging programs. Our vision is to build a society that values and supports people as they age.
Responsible for overall program management and administration of n4a’s Information and Planning Initiative: Building the Capacity of the Aging Network, a cooperative agreement through the U.S. Administration on Aging. The project goal is to increase understanding of how AAAs and Title VI programs are adapting, enhancing and expanding services and supports to meet the current and future needs of older adults and their caregivers, resulting in greater visibility of the critical role that AAAs and Title VI programs have in meeting the needs of the nation’s older adults. The successful candidate will have top-notch project management skills, as well as experience in working with data collection and research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and leadership for the development and implementation of all grant deliverables and reporting associated with the Information and Planning Grant.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of comprehensive surveys of AAAs and Title VI programs, as well as targeted topical polls, dig deeper reports and toolkits.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive dissemination plan to ensure research and materials are widely available and used across the Aging Network and related stakeholders.
- Provide overall program/grants management of the budget and work plan.
- Manage subcontract and vendor agreements.
- Serve as direct liaison to funder on all project issues.
- Ensure program remains in compliance and meets all auditing standards.
- Review and approve all expenses related to the grant.
- Grants management, including preparing project and fiscal reports and summaries of program activities as required.
- Manage internal grant processes, consistent with n4a’s internal policies and procedures.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Information and Planning initiative, speaking at training sessions, conferences and other venues.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree plus eight years relevant and progressively responsible work experience, or a master’s degree with relevant work experience. Candidates for this position must have training, related experience and demonstrated success in the following:
· Knowledge or experience working in the Aging Network or the health care sector;
· Strong project management skills;
· Survey, data collection or research experience;
· Ability to develop partnerships and work well with multiple, diverse partners;
· Ability to budget and manage program expenditures;
· Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to express concepts, facts and data compellingly and clearly both orally and in writing;
· Strong decisionmaking skills;
· Strong interpersonal skills;
· High level of initiative and independent follow-through;
· Ability to make sound recommendations based on facts and logical assumptions;
· Ability to establish a course of action for oneself and others to accomplish specific goals; plan proper and timely accomplishment of goals and appropriate use of resources.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team; and
· Ability to meet deadlines and to work well under pressure.
This is an exempt position that is subject to grant funding. The position is being offered full or part-time (minimum 20 hours per week), depending on candidate’s availability and pending n4a grant proposals. The position includes full benefits (pro-rated for part-time).
SALARY & BENEFITS
n4a is an equal opportunity employer. Salary for this position is dependent upon background and experience of candidate selected. n4a offers an excellent benefits package.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
LOCATION This position is based in Washington, DC. Due to the COVID-19 health emergency, n4a’s staff is currently working remotely, though this may change in the future. APPLICATION PROCEDURE Submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected]. Be sure to note the job title in the email subject line. The application closing date is September 25, 2020. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. We cannot respond to all applications and unsolicited phone calls or emails will not be returned. n4a retains the right to change this job description at any time.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert