Program Co-Director of Leadership Development, NXT-GEN Fellowship for Moral Leadership
The HOW Institute for Society
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
City: New York
Postal code: 10151
State: New York
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
The HOW Institute for Society is seeking a Program Co-Director to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will find deep resonance with the HOW philosophy and be committed to our mission of building and nurturing a culture of moral leadership, principled decision-making, and values-based behavior that enables individuals and institutions to meet the profound social, economic, and technological changes of the 21st Century.
The HOW Institute for Society is dedicated to strengthening a world rooted in deep human values and rekindling a social fabric of truth and trust. The Institute channels philosophical reasoning to address modern problems and is animated by a belief in the urgent imperative of HOW. Today, HOW we do what we do matters more than ever and in ways it never has before.
Our work builds on seven imperatives
1. Institutions must be guided by values and shaped by moral leaders.
2. Moral authority and formal authority must be united to create meaningful and enduring impact.
3. Individuals must be guided by moral principles and frameworks.
4. Trust and shared truths are essential to bringing people together as communities, organizations, and collaborators.
5. Business and society must shift focus from “how much” to HOW we behave and HOW we can work together to build something greater than ourselves.
6. Healthy values-inspired communities are the building blocks of a better society. We must learn what makes them work and create models to scale their success.
7. Leaders must frame paths ahead as journeys of significance, embracing the inevitable ups and downs, but remaining resilient and committed.
The NXT-GEN Program Co-Director will manage the enlistment of and relationships with organizations participating in The HOW Institute’s flagship program, the NXT-GEN Fellowship for Moral Leadership. This individual will work closely with the Fellowship’s other Program Co-Director whose focus is on program design, technology, and assessment. Building off two previous successful iterations, the third iteration of the program will transition to being purely virtual. In partnership with their counterpart, the Program Co-Director will help guide this transition and will also serve as a core virtual facilitator of programming.
The ideal candidate will possess strong enlistment, relationship building, and facilitation skills, and will have a high aptitude for navigating the nuances of serving varying sectors and global audiences.
Previous experience in leadership development, coaching, organizational development, organizational transformation, community engagement, and/or virtual facilitation is preferred. Additionally, a background in and understanding of moral philosophy and history will help the chosen candidate contribute to the broader work of The Institute.
Individuals who thrive in entrepreneurial, start-up like, hands-on environments will have the greatest success in this role as it will require self-directedness, navigating ambiguity proactively, as well as the ability to quickly gain and maintain a solid understanding of The Institute’s brand, language, philosophy, and core values.
This role requires time flexibility, including occasional after-hours work and weekends, the ability to work with colleagues who may be working remotely, and comfort with the rapid growth and change of an emerging organization
The role reports to The Institute’s Managing Director and requires residence in the NY metro area.
Essential duties and responsibilities
The Program Co-Director, most importantly, should possess skills that complement those of their counterpart. So, while the role remains flexible, the anticipated duties and responsibilities are described below.
- Manage complete prospecting cycle for new and returning participating organizations
- Conceive of and form partnerships that expand the reach, impact, funding and/or cohort size of the NXT-GEN Fellowship
- Collaborate with marketing staff to conceive of and create content for the NXT-GEN program on The Institute’s website
- Build and manage relationships with senior leaders at participating organizations and gain an understanding of their unique context, vision, constraints, and needs
- Maintain a sense of equity between participating organizations with varying preferences, degrees of engagement, and levels of investment
- Serve as a point of contact for participating organizations and interface with their internal project managers
- Support internal selection of Fellows for the program by participating organizations
- Serve as a primary point of contact for Fellows: fielding their questions, tracking their engagement and assignment completion, and managing their personal information and all scheduling for the program
- Co-facilitate the virtual NXT-GEN program with Co-Director counterpart. Including but not limited to:
- Kickoff and graduation events
- Workshops and case studies
- Providing feedback on participant work
- Coaching and/or providing guidance to guest coaches
Collaboration with Program Co-Director counterpart
- Receive support from Co-Director counterpart in content and design specific enlistment and relationship management conversations and activities
- Serve as a supporting thought partner to Co-Director counterpart in design of program objectives, structure, schedule, cadence, activities, and materials
- Serve as a supporting thought partner to Co-Director counterpart in discovery, evaluation, documentation of, approval, modification, and use of online learning platforms and tools
- Serve as a supporting thought partner to Co-Director counterpart in design, fielding, analysis, reporting, and communication of assessments on program impact and program feedback
- Partner with Co-Director counterpart and HOW video production staff to design recording, editing, packaging, cataloging, publishing, and repurposing of live session recordings
- Partner with Co-Director counterpart to conceive, design, and deliver experiences and resources for NXT-GEN alumni
- Partner with Co-Director counterpart to manage recruitment, hiring, contracting, and guidance of other NXT-GEN program staff such as guest speakers, interviewers, coaches, and facilitators
Support of organizational activities
- Support organizational wide branding, enlistment, relationship building, and facilitation activities
- Provide support for the activities of the Chairman, the Managing Director, and the Board of Directors
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of business development and relationship management experience
- 7+ years of education and/or facilitation experience. Preference for:
- Experience teaching and facilitating virtually
- Experience in leadership development, organizational development, organizational transformation, and/or community engagement
- Experience with executive and/or transformational coaching
- Experience and demonstrated success within entrepreneurial environments
- Outstanding writing and speaking abilities, with skill in telling stories and framing messages for audiences from diverse sectors and global regions
- Project management skills – ability to design, manage, and complete multi-step projects with excellence and in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Strong curiosity about and understanding of news, technology, social media, popular culture, and social trends
- Excellent cultural competence and experience working across race, ethnicity, economic status, and geography
- Academic background in philosophy preferred, backgrounds in psychology, sociology, history, and/or economics beneficial
- Working knowledge of current theories, trends, thinkers, and resources in leadership development preferred
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to [email protected]. Please include a cover letter, applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Submission of sample past work encouraged.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert