Director of Talent Acquisition
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Human Resources/Recruiting
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 94607
Country: United States
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have twelve centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
College Track seeks a dynamic, experienced and entrepreneurial professional to lead the organization’s efforts to recruit highly qualified, diverse talent, and foster an equitable and inclusive organizational culture. The Director of Talent Acquisition (DTA) is a passionate, solution-oriented leader that thrives at creatively recruiting high performing staff for an equity focused, mission driven organization.
The Director of Talent Acquisition will be a pivotal leader on our People Team and an important contributor to the growth of the organization. The ideal candidate will serve as a key thought partner to our functional and department leads and will manage a team responsible for maintaining and stewarding all talent systems and processes in the candidate lifecycle that include prospecting, recruiting, selection and on-boarding. The ideal candidate will be a strong people and project leader that will collaborate with College Track’s leadership to build, assess and constantly refine a talent strategy that supports the short and long term needs of our growing organization and keep our hiring practices in alignment with our DEI philosophy and organizational mission, values, and vision.
The role will work closely with the Director of Employee Experience and Director of Organizational Talent Development and the broader People team. This position reports directly to our Vice President of People and is based in our National Office in Oakland, California.
Talent Acquisition Strategy
- Set & advance the strategic vision for Talent Acquisition across our stakeholder experience. Leverage strong strategic planning skills to identify key opportunities and gaps; refine Talent Acquisition’s multi-year plan; and, through direct and lateral management and influence, ensure tight execution.
- Ensure equity is a foundation of recruitment, hiring, and every search at College Track. This includes robust recruitment to ensure candidate pools are diverse; structuring the hiring process to embed fairness and objective, unbiased decision-making; and ensuring all staff hired at College Track bring the equity analysis and proven skills to live the organization’s values.
- Establish and maintain an understanding of each department and their unique hiring needs and develop plans to attract top talent with required skill sets.
- Develop and operationalize new and/or improved methodologies for sourcing, assessing, and selecting the best talent.
- Understand key metrics designed to measure and predict staffing activities and build effective strategies to meet goals.
- Lead, coach and manage a small team of recruiters. Assign requisitions to recruiters and ensure requisition load is balanced across team members.
- Partner with DEI programs for talent strategy. Partner with Organizational Talent Development on retention processes for critical and high risk positions. Partner with Employee Experience on the workforce planning (i.e. functional strategy/talent needs).
Talent Acquisition Operations and Delivery
- Partner with functional leaders to facilitate full-cycle recruiting efforts for critical roles, including identifying skills and knowledge requirements, sourcing a diverse slate of candidates, establishing valid candidate assessment processes and facilitating the offer process.
- Maintain a requisition load of 7-10 key positions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships across the organization to understand current and future workforce needs, develop effective recruitment strategies, and provide guidance on candidate selection.
- Manage and inspire a talent acquisition team to deliver outstanding results while effectively communicating the critical dimensions of the talent strategy, updating the hiring status and ensuring tight alignment with the hiring managers and business unit plans.
- Implement creative solutions to improve hiring processes and hire key talent efficiently leveraging feedback from candidates, hiring managers and recruiters.
- Create and implement training resources to support hiring managers role expectation and development to ultimately help drive talent acquisition goals.
- Responsible for integrity and upkeep of recruiting systems and processes while supporting new tools and efficiency opportunities such as building out our recently implemented applicant tracking system (ATS) - Greenhouse. .
- Responsible for the data integrity of Greenhouse and establishing key performance metrics for TA function, track and report to share critical insights with leadership and monitor and improve performance.
- Build high trust relationships with internal and external clients and be able to influence and communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with processes, systems and employment laws.
Team Leadership and Management:
- Ensure the Talent Acquisition team is high functioning, strategic, and service-minded as they partner with leaders for organizational, culture, and workforce support.
- Manage and coach team on growth & development of key competencies to ensure team and individual success on individual goals & development.
- Managing external advertising, vendor relationships, and other forms of talent recruitment activities. Monitoring the performance of recruiting strategies and sources, ensuring the most cost-effective use of vendors and services.
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the Director of Talent Acquisition must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. They must embody and model College Track core values and model a deep commitment to improving education equity.
Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree. Master's Degree, PHR/ SPHR certificate or any other advanced education/ training in the HR field preferred.
- 8-10 years of progressively recruiting experience, with at least 4+ years of operations and management experience preferably in the education, non-profit or private sector.
- Strategic thinker with analytical skills with an ability to articulate a clear, compelling vision, use data to inform decisions and to translate strategy to plan to action and experience partnering with senior leadership and executive teams on recruiting strategy and hiring initiatives.
- Track record of achieving strong results while building and fostering an inclusive, collaborative, and high-performance culture.
- Excellent relationship building skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with people with a wide diversity of demographic and professional experience levels across a decentralized work environment.
- Self-directed, detail oriented problem solver with demonstrated experience in developing and improving processes.
- Excellent communication skills: authentic and candid, broad, and often, providing clear purpose, direction, goals, and measures.
- Results oriented: resilient, optimistic, and passionate about our student outcomes while not compromising on relationships. Holds people accountable and focuses on work that drives long-term success.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuously bettering oneself, team and organization by proactively and consistently seeking input and feedback from colleagues and incorporating these insights.
- Strong project management skills with significant experience leading change management.
- Ability to coach and mentor direct reports, peers and executives on sound talent management practices; track record of driving organizational results through coaching and mentoring.
- Proven ability to recruit, hire, develop and retain effective, diverse teams and to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated success in staff leadership, management, and development.
- Experience with Greenhouse or similar ATS strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated creativity when addressing challenging situations with limited resources.
- Have experience working in launch, growth and/or transition phases of organizations.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply on our website!
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert