Principal (client services)
Mind Share Partners
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Mental Health/Crisis Intervention
City: Remote - U.S.
Postal code: U.S.
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
Mind Share Partners is changing the culture of workplace mental health so that both employees and organizations can thrive. It provides workplace training and strategic advising to leading companies, hosts communities to support ERGs and professionals, and builds public awareness.
Mind Share Partners is a national nonprofit that is changing the culture of workplace mental health so that both employees and organizations can thrive. In any given year, 1 in 5 Americans will have a diagnosable mental health condition—that means mental health affects every meeting, every phone call, and every workplace. We believe that if workplaces commit to supporting their employees with mental health conditions, we can drastically improve individual lives, company cultures, and workplace productivity.
We are a nationally distributed team with headquarters in San Francisco, and we offer three programs:
1. Movement Building: Mind Share Partners is leading the social movement to create mentally healthy workplaces. We normalize mental health at work by engaging in public discussion at events and in thought pieces, and by coaching senior leaders to be changemakers. We run two columns on workplace mental health in Forbes and Thrive Global and have written for Harvard Business Review. Our work has been featured in The New York Times, Fast Company, TIME, and more.
2. Workshops & Advising: We help executives, managers, and colleagues to build safe spaces, facilitate hard conversations, and learn tools and strategies to navigate mental health at work. We've worked with industry leaders in tech, finance, professional services, and retail, including Verizon Media, Genentech, Morrison & Foerster, and others.
3. Professional Communities: We connect professionals with other successful peers around workplace mental health topics, including hosting a virtual community to support company-sponsored employee resource groups.
We envision a world in which everyone is open about their conditions and accepted by others, enabling them to get the treatment that they need to thrive. For more information, please visit mindsharepartners.org.
As a Principal at Mind Share Partners, you will have the opportunity to be part of the ground level of the movement to end the stigma of mental health in the workplace. You’ll meet and work with fascinating people and forward-thinking leaders in HR, D&I, and executive management. You’ll build relationships with a wide range of corporate clients across industries and with groups of all sizes. You’ll facilitate and design interactive, deep-dive workshops for teams, managers, and executives that blend management and mental health best practices. You’ll lead impact-focused advising projects from end to end, such as strategic initiatives, communications campaigns, and company-wide diagnostics. You’ll never get bored, switching from workshop facilitation, to project management, to creating content, to team bonding. You’ll be part of a team that is entrepreneurial and creative, working in a small, nimble, growing nonprofit startup that moves quickly.
- Manage and support a portfolio of client projects focused on improving mental health in the workplace. Serve as a partner to company representatives from HR, Diversity & Inclusion, Learning & Development, and executive teams. Our clients are from a range of industries, such as tech and professional services, and sizes, with the most common having 500-10,000 employees. (Learn more about our clients here.)
- Facilitate and customize a suite of workshops designed to increase awareness and practice specific behavioral tools for mentally healthy workplaces. Understand clients’ goals and culture while working with other team members to create a customized, engaging, and meaningful experience for the client and participants. (Learn more about our client services here.)
- Advise clients on strategy, communication, and special initiatives (such as employee resource groups) for creating a mentally healthy workplace.
- Steward short and long-term client relationships and assist with follow-on sales as appropriate.
- Keep organized by maintaining and improving internal systems related to project work, including our CRM.
- Pitch in across the organization on various projects and initiatives (such as movement-building, marketing, etc.) to support the growth of Mind Share Partners’ impact.
- This role is a full-time role that can be based anywhere in the United States; we have a nationally distributed team.
- All of Mind Share’s current work is done remotely via video due to the pandemic. Brief travel to client sites (up to 30% of your time) for workshop delivery may be required in the future, when safe and appropriate.
- This role will report to Natasha Krol, Head of Client Services & Principal, and will work with all members of the Mind Share Partners team.
- Skilled Facilitator: Dynamic presenter that engages groups of 10-100+; excellent at explaining complicated or new ideas, thinks well on your feet, comfortable having difficult conversations.
- Expert Project Manager: Responsive, organized project manager with at least 2 years of experience leading client services projects (as a consultant, vendor, or similar).
- Relationship Manager: Skilled at developing long-term partnerships, ideally with human resources or diversity and inclusion teams.
- People-Oriented: Enjoys working with people, sky-high EQ, gravitas to work with and advise senior leadership teams.
- Entrepreneurial: Thrives in a growing environment, contributes creative ideas, takes feedback in stride.
- Learning-Minded: Willing to test, ask questions, and test again to continually improve services and results across all areas.
- Team Player: Willing to pitch in at all levels of the organization, not self-focused, unafraid to dig into the nitty-gritty work.
- Passionate: Passionate about mental health and wellness, committed to Mind Share Partners’ mission.
- Experienced: Minimum experience required is 1+ years of facilitation experience; 3+ years of professional experience, including experience managing people and client projects. Most applicants will have between 5-10 years of experience, ideally in a corporate setting.
Mind Share Partners offers competitive pay, commensurate with your skills and experience. The compensation range for this role starts at $90,000. We offer a generous benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit your resume and answer the listed application questions. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This position will remain open until filled and is available immediately.
Not only is mental health the next frontier of diversity, equity, and inclusion as a category in and of itself, but it is also an intersectional issue that affects groups differently. At Mind Share Partners, we seek to reflect this in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer deeply committed to building an inclusive team with diverse perspectives and experiences, and who come from a range of backgrounds and cultures. We actively seek out diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert