Communications and Marketing Manager
Women's Lunch Place
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Housing/Shelter
Postal code: 02116
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
WOMEN’S LUNCH PLACE is an established leader in the Boston homeless service provider network, filling a unique role as a safe, welcoming day shelter for more than 1,500 women annually who are experiencing poverty and homelessness. WLP’s Healthy Meals program, direct care services, case management and other interventions mirror the public health model. Our holistic approach – much more than hunger relief – has been and continues to be the most effective and successful in fostering meaningful and sustainable life changes. WLP is a community of collaboration and innovation, and we are investing in programming to meet the growing acuity of need of our guests.
For this newly created role we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Communications & Marketing Manager to oversee the strategy and execution of our communications, marketing, and public relations program. The candidate will develop, manage, and implement strategic and creative communications, including annual and project-specific plans, rapid response, press outreach, publications, events, and digital outreach. We seek a dynamic writer who will consistently create engaging and high-quality content to build brand awareness and support for our mission and help to drive philanthropic giving. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on contributor who brings expertise in multi-channel platforms and has a record of success and proven ability to elevate the profile of an organization. This strategic thinker will be self-motivated, proactive and forward-looking, and they will provide timely, effective, attractive and clear communications.
This individual will be a key member of the senior executive team, report to the Chief Development Officer, and provide leadership and direction to junior members of the development team.
- Oversee the planning, development and implementation of all marketing and communications, including print and digital content, website, email marketing, social media, public relations, newsletters, collateral and advertising.
- Elevate the agency’s positioning and amplify its brand through the development and execution of communications strategy and messaging that promote WLP.
- Serve as the organization's lead writer and editor.
- Measure, track and analyze marketing results to inform effective decision-making.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging, marketing and communications strategy are infused throughout all organizational efforts.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Communications & Marketing function including budgeting, planning and execution.
- Promote a culture of entrepreneurship, high-performance and continuous improvement, and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
- Develop and maintain relationships with state and local media outlets. Prepare key spokespeople for media engagement.
- Support the Chief Development Officer in the development and implementation of departmental and organization strategic fundraising goals and objectives.
- Build strong relationships across the organization to stay current on our innovative programming and collaborations and infuse an awareness of marketing and messaging in all our work.
- A master's degree in communications or a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing and communications with an increasing scope of responsibility and exceptional organizational messaging experience, preferably in the non-profit space.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and production of marketing materials, newsletters, press releases, direct mail, email and print materials and campaigns, managing websites, social media and other digital assets.
- Exceptional writing, editing and story-telling skills.
- Experience working with media outlets and handling crisis communications.
- Exceptional oral, interpersonal and presentation skills with an ability to inform, influence and persuade.
- High competence in analytics and performance measurements.
- Strong budgeting and cost-management skills and ability to maximize impact with a limited budget
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to mentor and coach a team of contributors.
- Fluency in communications platforms for managing websites, social media, email marketing and CRM, such as WordPress, Mailchimp and Sprout. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs and graphic design skills.
- Ability to work in a high-energy and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated and creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop new solutions and approaches to difficult problems.
- A track record of innovation and translating strategic thinking into action and results.
- An ability to work independently and responsibly while managing numerous projects simultaneously.
- Commitment to WLP’s mission and vision to empower women battling the consequences of homelessness, hunger and poverty.
Women’s Lunch Place is committed to an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity and where all members of the community are treated with dignity and respect. Women’s Lunch Place offers a rewarding work environment with competitive salary, generous benefits and a strong commitment to diversity in its workforce and programs. Women’s Lunch Place does not discriminate based on race, color, gender or gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
$65k - 75k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please forward a cover letter, provide writing and/or samples from your portfolio of work and your resume to [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert