Major Gifts Officer
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Environment
City: California, Northern Virginia, or Remote
Postal code: N/A
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Rainforest Trust protects the most threatened tropical forests, saving endangered wildlife through partnerships and community engagement.Through these highly effective partnerships, we can ensure sustainable results necessary for the long-term protection of tropical ecosystems and the wildlife they hold.
Rainforest Trust seeks a Major Gifts Officer to join its Philanthropy Team. Since 1988, Rainforest Trust has been safeguarding imperiled tropical habitats and saving endangered species by establishing protected areas in partnership with local organizations and communities. With our partners, we have protected more than 24.6 million acres of vital habitat across Latin America, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Rainforest Trust is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that relies upon the generous support of the public to successfully implement our important conservation action.
The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for meeting an annual revenue target by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects to advance the mission of the organization, including assisting with designing, developing, delivering, and administering fundraising programs and campaigns.Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee a portfolio of donors and prospects to build relationships with donors and create opportunities to expand giving
- Support, develop, and implement campaigns and strategies to cultivate and retain major donors, renew and upgrade donor gifts, and generate revenue in line with the organization’s goals
- Research and identify funding prospects
- Represent organization in meetings with donors, as needed, throughout the country
- Support execution of special donor events
California, Northern Virginia or Remote.
- Ten (10) years’ proven experience in philanthropic fundraising; experience cultivating new donors
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a major gift officer and proven success bringing in gifts of 5 figures+
- Familiarity with and proficiency in use of donor database management software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to independently juggle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of or familiarity with conservation a plus
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to [email protected]. Include a cover letter stating your interest in working for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, and any specific job requirements. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.
You can also view the position listing on our website at https://www.rainforesttrust.org/major-gifts-officer/.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert