The Board of Directors role is to keep the organization on mission and financially stable. The
Board works closely with the Executive Director to set the vision for the organization and
develop strategies to realize its mission. The Board of Directors holds the responsibility for
setting governance policy for the organization.
Budget Buddies is seeking directors who share our passion for financially empowering low-
income women and girls. We are currently looking for directors with connections (to
program partners, volunteers, and potential funders) in the communities we seek to serve,
specifically: Dorchester, Roxbury, Haverhill, Lawrence, Lowell, among others.
Budget Buddies expects that the Board of Directors will:
- Be ambassadors to build the organization’s visibility and network;
- Ensure Budget Buddies’ financial health by reviewing and approving the budget;
- Participate in Board meetings, including preparing in advance for meetings and
participating fully in discussion during the meetings;
- Conduct the annual appraisal of the Executive Director, and when necessary hire
and/or dismiss the Executive Director;
- Support in the vetting, and approval of new Directors;
- Every Board member is expected to financially contribute to Budget Buddies annually
both individually and towards a Board designated collective goal. Individual
donations should be one of the member’s top donations;
- Support efforts to reach the Board designated fundraising goal;
- Disclose any conflicts of interest and recuse oneself from voting in situations where
such conflicts exist.