QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate will also bring a genuine passion for Roca’s mission coupled with deep experience driving fundraising success and a desire to play a critical role in Roca’s long-term growth trajectory.
· Bachelor’s degree and/or related experience.
· 10-plus years of experience in a fundraising capacity.
· This is a full-time position located in Chelsea, MA. Willingness to travel to other sites required.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and implement comprehensive fundraising strategies that include a range of funding sources and result in organizational growth.
· Proven success and ability to prospect, pursue, and cultivate new individual and corporate donors, experience closing four- five- and six-figure gifts.
· Demonstrated experience raising a minimum of $2 million per year.
· Knowledge of donor database management preferably detailed knowledge of Salesforce.
· The ability to serve as an effective thought partner who knows how to set others up for success.
· Previous experience working with Boards of Directors on enhancing fundraising capacity.
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable with work schedule based on development events.
· Ability to positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
· Ability to multitask and take initiative.
· Strong strategic thinking, planning, and execution skills, with the ability to take an idea from conception to implementation, collaborating with peers and partners to achieve desired outcomes.
· Exceptional communication and relationship building skills, able to inspire, influence, and educate a wide range of stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Ability to influence a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
· Entrepreneurial spirit; takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones.
· Criminal background and driving record check required.
· The desire to work in a fast-growing, extraordinarily mission-driven organization with strong values of consistency, openness and mutual respect.
· An empathetic, charismatic leader who has strong faith in humanity and treats others with respect.
· Ability to travel around the service area
· Valid state issued driver’s license
· Criminal background and current driving record check
· Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours, and Holidays and/or weekends as needed.
· Ability to work with diverse cultures
· Strong attendance and high energy