PelotonU is an innovative social enterprise tackling the college completion crisis for working adults because students who would benefit most from a college degree have the hardest time graduating. When life is full with work and family working adults have a 16% chance, at best, of earning a bachelor’s. For these same students, we built a path that offers them an 80% chance of graduating.
Our coaching program is our flagship program and works to combat shame and build shame resilience in our students. This philosophy is the backbone of our work and the central way we achieve our mission and keep our promises to students. It’s also a best-in-class coaching model that is now being emulated by more than a dozen other organizations like PelotonU - called “hybrid colleges” - around the country. For seven years, we’ve supported our students in achieving unheard-of results.
As the Director of Coaching, you will be building on this legacy to both maintain (or improve!) outcomes for students and our student culture of hope and belonging.. You’ll also be looking for new ways to continue improving the program, developing your team, codifying our best practices, and refining our model. Ultimately, the DOC owns the emotional weight of the coaching program and serves as a north star for always putting students first.
You are a leader who can oversee both strategy and implementation. You’ll love this role if you excel at helping students and staff solve problems with quick strategies or tips, but you also strive to dig deep and uncover root causes for both struggles and successes. Your north start of "what's best for students" means you're both deeply relational but also love program design and scaling relationships and programs with quality. You always look for ways to improve - be it yourself, a student survey, or a curriculum.
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Leading and managing the team of College Completion Coaches (CCCs)and Peer Coaches.
- Directly coaching a small caseload of students
- Designing curriculum and looking for ways to continuously improve the program and student experience.
- Staying current on best practices in analyzing student academic data and feedback surveys, testing new interventions and ideas, and codifying what works so it can be replicated.
- Supporting the hiring and onboarding of CCCs.
You Would Thrive in This Position If You:
- Get excited solving problems and experimenting until you find what works.
- Love developing and managing others - and they’d say they’re better because you were their boss.
- Examine policies, strategies and initiative through multiple lenses to ensure they work for all students.
- Leverage data to find ways you, your program and your team can continuously improve and find blind spots.
- Balance beautifully the need for codified processes and autonomy for folks to do what’s best for students.
- Champion the causes or missions you’re passionate about, and you get other folks pumped too Care deeply about equity and systems change.
Traits and Skills That Set You Apart:
- You see a problem at work, figure out the solution, secure buy in, and get folks to implement it.
- You geek out over data sets and aren’t afraid to change your strategies based on the numbers.
- You’re in it for the impact on people’s lives- we are a mission-driven organization.
- Students always come first. You’ve taken a program or team from good-to-great, building on their prior successes and finding new ways to improve and innovate.
- You deeply believe in a coaching model that empowers adults, blending grace and accountability.